Super Bowl discussion - Green Bay vs Pittsburgh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Bowl discussion - Green Bay vs Pittsburgh

As of 1/2 hr past the end of the Pit/NYJ game the line at www.sports.com is Green Bay -2.5 @ -125 odds and O/U 45.5.
    At sbgglobal it's Green Bay -2.5 and OU 46.
    At first glance I like the under 46 and probably Pittsburgh +2.5.

I wasn't too impressed with GB today, but I think they may be able to throw on Pitt in the comfort of the Dome.

GB D may be the difference. But Big Ben moves around and makes things happen. Can GB bring him down? If Pitt Center can't play, that's big. It may just come down to who gets the turnovers. Pitt has the experience. It's all new to GB.

Should be a good game. I felt these were the two best teams and that's why I took them today.

Comment

This will be Green Bay's 4th consecutive game away from home. Even without Cutler for a large portion of the game and an overall shitty defensive effort the Bears still had a chance in this game. Pittsburgh's defense is way better and their experience level in this situation is also superior. I'm actually surprised at GB being a 2.5 pt favorite. I would be tempted to go with Pittsburgh on the ML at +125, a parlay Pittsburgh +2.5 and UN 46 and a 7 pt teaser Pit +9.5 and UN 53. Why is the total so high with these two defenses? Because of all the squares that bet the SB and automatically take the over.

Comment

I have crunched the numbers in my spread sheet

DINGERS SYSTEM: GB -3

Only a .5 difference then Vegas. Take the Packers. (27-24)

I have hit two games on the number so far.
        My system had the Jets -1 vs. Colts (Score Jets 17-16)
        Then I calculated Steelers -5 vs. Jets (Score Steelers 24-19)

Playoffs: 6-4

Comment

I really hate to bet against either one of these guys at the moment, but considering that I figured Pittsburgh to be about a 3-point favorite for the big prize here........I might have to jump in on them to take it all.......Kudos for Green Bay making me some big $$$ throughout the playoffs, but the line doesn't bode for me right this minute........I might have to put me some early money on the men of Steel.

I'll probably change my mind a hundred times before kickofff, but I have found that the first instinct is usually the best.

Tired of hearing all of the shit about Cutler bailing out, but let's face it -- he gave his team a chance by doing so.........The Bears got here by beating a 7-9 team at home, and by struggling to the finish line in a division that was depleted by injuries.....While Pittsburgh played without the services of Big Ben for six games, and started steam-rolling as the season went on........This Super Bowl figures to be "Really Super", but it may come down to the team with the biggest gun, and that gun belongs at the moment to the John Wayne look-alike right now, and the swagger of the Pittsburgh Steelers....We'll see.
          ;)

Comment

I just may not play this game. I can see it going either way and I usually have a strong feel for a Super Bowl. Might have to find some props to play.

Bu Pitt is getting +3 in some places with a little extra juice. That's some value in a toss-up game with all their SB experience. But then I'd have to root for them to win a seventh. Can't do that. Would be GBs fourth.

Comment

Last night at BETUS I wagered:

Pitt +3 -120
              Pitt ML +120
              tease Pitt +9 over 39.5

Comment

I like the UNDER 46. Sports Interaction has a 46 at -105 right now...I payed extra at -120 and got it to 47.

Under's scare me in the NFl anymore but I think it has the best value compared to the side.

Comment

I see the Steelers being a bit more physical than GB, I like the fact that the Steelers have played real physical teams in Balty and the Jets.. Pack 's 3 game road win streak is impressive but I never got the feeling that the teams they played were overly physical. Bears D is physical but O - Line just doesn't have it.. Atlanta and Philly's defense are jokes for super bowl contenders.

Simply I think the NFC is weaker, more soft, and not as good as the AFC.. Give me the more physical team with the better coach and the POINTS..

Comment

Working...
                  X