• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday

Clemson +1 ovr Miami

Ohio State +1 over Purdue

Cal pk over UCLA

St.Bonny +10 over Richmond

Not so great of a day for me yesterday as I overplayed and lost. No love from the gambling gods either as I used that up during the week. So I may be on a bit of a cold streak so beware.

Yes, I do want Purdue to win. However...

In my opinioni, the way to beat Ohio State is to play a slow down methodical game. Purdue is uptempo. Purdue does not have the athletic talent to defeat today. The key to the game is Kelsey Barlow. If he can play a styme defense they have a chance.

I'm rambling and I know my team's weakness.

OHIO STATE by at least 5

I am also liking the inflated line with Wisconsin. Penn State has been sneaky quiet this season. Guess who's in the 7-7 middle of the pack in the Big Ten? Penn St. It appears that there is big public love on Wisconsin. Penn St. did play the top two Big Ten teams tough on the road (losing by 1 to Purdue and 3 to Ohio St.).

PENN ST +12

Comment

Wow, sorry for the incoherent post. That's what I get typing this up during halftime of my son's game.

Long and short of it...Purdue is very strong at home. However, don't forget that Ohio State was up 10+ @ Wisconsin last week and let it slip away. Ohio State is the best team in this side of the Mississippi.

Purdue has their two scorers, JJ and E'twan. Lewis Jackson has been coming on, but can he do it again?

I think this line is a result of Purdue beating Wisconsin and the home court advantage. The previous Purdue/Ohio St. game was Ohio St. -7.5? So, you are telling me that Mackey Arena is worth 8?

I can always remember the 'big' Purdue home games, they are usually flops. Michigan St. last year, Duke the year before.

My heart is with Purdue, but my money is on the new #1 team, Ohio State.

Comment

St. Bonaventure +10...........Top Game

Comment

I'm also liking woodee's picks. Uh-oh, if we both like them!

Ohio State +1
          Ohio State/Purdue under 138.5
          Penn State/Wisc over 117.5
          St. Bonny +10
          Clemson +1

GL

Comment

adding another unit to Clemson +1.5 now...may buy it to 2. really a must win next 2 games for Clemson. This one and wake are winnable to get them a chance at the tourney bubble. Never impressed with Miami-fl hoops so I think its a good spot for a nice road win.

Do like OSU to win today too. They come out focused and pull away late. Good game mostly but inside Sullinger may be too much.

Comment

Watched the opening of the Purdue game and immediately bought out of my under as they were both attacking and not working the ball around at all. Was lucky to get out for the same juice. Ohio State looking good and poised, but Purdue also jacked up. Should be a good one.

Comment

I like two today and one "sucker" play - a teaser.

857 St. Bonny +9.5
                870 Cal +1 (Commented on Thurs. and still believe Bruins split in the Bay Area this weekend. Also, Sunday night road game is out of their normal rhythm, normally play on Saturday and return home).

4 Team Teaser Play
                St Bonny +14
                St Joe's +20
                NC State +15
                Cal + 5

Good luck to all!

laxsfo99

Comment

Just went back and checked the thread. Looks like Woodie, the Boys, and Wide all like Bonny. Hope they're all right. LOL.

laxsfo99

Comment

Wow, I was wrong.

Whoops, payback is a bitch! Have fun with a pissed off group of Buckeyes Tuesday Carpet~!

Boiler Up!

Comment

Power is shifting in the College Basketball world.

Ohio State, Kansas and Texas looking beatable. Pitt got beat but they looked good.

Duke? I don't think they have the bigs to do it, but they'll be in the mix.

Purdue stepping up?

SD State, Georgetown, BYU, Whisky, St. John's Arizona??????

Comment

Originally posted by widestrides View Post
                        Watched the opening of the Purdue game and immediately bought out of my under as they were both attacking and not working the ball around at all. Was lucky to get out for the same juice.
                        So, with that move, I ended up with equal unit on under 138.5 and over 137.5. I was happy to get out of the under at the time, but it ended up 139! I just missed catching the middle by one free throw! That would have made my day!

We got Clemson woodee! But St. Bonnies collapsed at the end. They were at 9 with a couple minutes to go and lost by 17, even failing to cover laxsfo's teaser at +14.

Penn State/Whisky looking over, so I could salvage a breakeven.

I was thinking UCLA tonight. That might be good for woodee and laxsfo's Cal picks.

GL

Comment

Penn State and Whisky 52 points in the 1H, 91 in the 2H, 33 in the last 6 minutes. You just never know with college basketball. Penn State had no business covering, but Battle made a bunch of 3s at the end. Dogs cleaning up today, except of course St. Bonnies, the one we all picked! Argh!

I'm now even on the day, going with UCLA pickem tonight. You guys with Cal should be golden.

Just having a little on a lot of these games gets me focused on the games and I get to know the teams. We'll see if it pays off come March Madness time.

GL

Comment

UCLA looks like the obvious play...thats why I like CAL. Another unit on them at +2.

Comment

Sorry Wide, Bruins sent it into overtime but couldn't seal the deal. Cal is a winner for Woddie and I.

If St. Bonny hadn't crapped the bed, my "sucker" teaser would have won. However, it's the old classic story, would've could've and should've. LOL.

Good luck to all this coming week.

laxsfo99

Comment

Working...
                              X