RestEasy's Week 5 NFL Picks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RestEasy's Week 5 NFL Picks

So, let's keep this rolling. Posting again from the beautiful Hawaii. Come back to reality monday night. Of course my flight will be the duration of the monday night game. Oh well.

SD -4
    This is a game San Diego should win outright and they should be able to cover or push the 4. Denver isn't playing to snuff, they are in a bit of disarray and the fans are against them. One mess up by Orton and out come the misguided Tebow shouts. They do have an edge at home in this divisional matchup but not enough to completely shutdown this 3-1 chargers team.

Oakland +6
    Al Davis has passed away and that will energize this team (now and in the future). That is more a shot at Al Davis now (past couple years) not one of Al Davis before senility ran the team. Oakland has been playing well. They lost 1 to a good Buffalo team and they looked good. They lost bad to the pats but hey, it's the pats coming off a loss. They do the same here, bounce back. Houston is a great team (picked them to win the afc south before the season started) but Andre is hurt, their momentum is winding and they are do for a letdown. Usually that's the Colts but not this year.

Indy -2.5
    They are the Colts. Yes, they lost Peyton for a while (maybe the year) but they are finding themselves again. Takes some time. Painter knows the offense (he should sitting the bench so long) and knows it in a way similiar to manning (expect to see clark more often). They almost won against pitt, kept it close @ tampa, they win here. Outright win by at least 3 pts.

Carolina +6.5
    They are 6th.... 6th! In passing defense. But 31st in rushing defense which has killed them. At home if they can figure out how to stop Sproles they have a chance to keep this close. Sounds crazy a 1-3 team could withstand the saints but they have not lost by more than 7 yet. Even against the packers IN green bay. Not only that but there's a history of the saints having trouble with their lesser division foe. Take it.

Buffalo +2.5
    What a joke. The eagles should not have been favored. A 1-3 team favored over a 3-1 team Away is the oddsmakers banking on the Keep Dreaming Team hype. Yes, the eagles need a win but I give next week's divisional game against the skins a must win for them (which they may do). If you can buy the 1/2 pt or if it's gone to +3 even better but even at 2.5 I take the bills at home. KNow what

Over 50 Bills/eagles
    It will be high scoring. Neither team can stop much. The bills can be scored on and the eagles have one of the worse run defenses of the league. Fred Jackson by the way will be a fantasy star this weekend.

------------------------
    I've been doing a RestEasy Pick 6 of sorts this year picking 6 each week. Then I tend to reply with teasers and such I made or at least how I did on teasers I made. (giants -2.5, bills/eagles over 42.5) but I'll make it an even 10 picks this week.

SF -2.5
    Did you know the 9'ers are 4th in rush defense? Yep it's true. Now, their offense isn't anything great. Heck, 29th in passing is downright scary but at home, they win. Tampa Bay is 3-1. They lost to detroit week 1. They beat 2 teams that have ZERO wins. They barely edged out the falcons IN tampa. 9'ers beat the seahawks (big deal) lost to cowboys in OT... Beat Cincy IN cincy, Beat philly IN philly. I go with the more impressive history.

Saints/Panthers OVER 52
    Such a high number. It'll be eclipsed by these 2 score happy offenses.

Atlanta +6
    Michael Turner will be needed here. Yes, it's Matt Ryan that has the record at home and he will be incredible that night because green bay is 31st in the league against the pass. 31ST! But they are 2nd against the run. If Michael Turner can have a decent night not only do they easily cover but They I think they win. I do have a small wager on moneyline but my real bet is against that spread. Revenge will be had.

That's it good luck to all and enjoy!

Overall
    12-10-1
    week 1
    2-3
    week 2
    2-3-1
    week 3
    4-2
    Week
    4-2

GOW
    3-1
    Mock Hilton
    13-7

(oh and these numbers are the ones I got when I placed my bets as I have either straight bets, or parlays)
    Last edited by resteasy; 10-09-2011, 04:02 AM. Reason: note

Sorry deleted my 10th pick when editing.

DET -5
    They are home and playing well. Chicago isn't.

Comment

maybe they'll stop favoring the eagles so much now.
      Maybe next week but washington coming off a bye will not be easy.

and my Giants ughhh. That's why I didn't wager on them though you never know.

Comment

great job resteasy! I'll be keeping an eye on these from now on.

Comment

great week I hope you keep rolling through the week atleast I'm on ATlanta too and Leaning Lions, but taking favorites in a division matchup over a FG spread scare me.
          good luck

Comment

thanks guys. 7-1 so far atlanta and detroit to go.
            I agree divisional matchups are scary but I like how the lions are rolling and at home on a monday (how many have they had in the past couple years?) to showcase they should roll on. At least I hope

Comment

Nice going Resteasy. We had a good day, except for our Giants' loss to the Seahawks.

Comment

Yeah what a heartbreaker. Never know who will show up. It's odd I actually would have liked to have played them away. Probably would have been better.

So, 7-2 on the day. GB's pass defence came out at the end there to save the spread and push it to 11. Still within a tease though if you did that.

That was a more iffy pick for me but detroit feels good. I'll miss the plane leaving my honeymoon so hopefully I land to good new.

Comment

You're on your Honeymoon? Seriously?! She gave you some free time to watch the games?! What a gal.

I had a girlfriend who actually LIKED NFL football.

Unfortunately, she was a die-hard Redskins fan. That relationship had no chance to last with this Giants fan!

Comment

oh man that's rough.

Yeah, been on honeymoon since last friday so over a week. Had to sneak off to the tiki bar now and then but she was fine so long as I spent some time with her. Totally understanding so I married her

plus games started here at 7am. So I woke up around 2nd Q and she was sleeping for a bit so that helped.

back to normal next week. Me on my couch all day long.

Comment

8-2 this week nice. Hit a 5 team parlay and a different teaser as well. So good week.
                      Got my GOW pick right and again 4-1 in mock Hilton. Can't seem to vreak a 5-0 week just yet there.

Back home now got work in a few hours yippie. Look forward to week 6

Comment

Working...
                      X