Taxman's Take on NFL ~ Week 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taxman's Take on NFL ~ Week 5

Bad luck last week (1-2, had Philly & Falcons) (9-3-1 YTD). I've shaken that off.......on to this week.

Some interesting trends/points of view for this week.

MINNESOTA -3: If there is ever going to be a week for Minnesota to get their first win, this is it. Arizona travels poorly. Since 2002, on the road as a dog of 4.5 or less out of division, they are 1-12 SU, 2-11 ATS. Throw in all their road games and they have lost their last 9 (including looking real pathetic against a Seahawks team).

SAN DIEGO -4: San Diego won 4 of the 5 in Denver. I believe that lone loss a one point loss was due to a controversial call. At 1-3 ATS, San Diego is picking up good value against a bad Denver team.

great calls

Comment

That San Diego game shouldn't have been that close!

Too bad I didn't take SD in the Mock, and too bad I was on the G-men in my survivor and suicide pools. At least it's less painful getting knocked out early.

Comment

great day
        good luck

Comment

3-2 for me today nothing to write home about was with ya on SD,
          GREAT CALL on that minny game Tax man you nailed that dead balls center

Comment

Nice job---

That San Diego game was a close one. Does anyone know if SD could have juts took a knee or did they NEED to kick that last FG. I was watching the score on my phone and seemed like DEN was out of timeouts and could have just killed the clock as Denver mounted a drive in that last 24 seconds or so?

Of course I had Denver +4 in the contest....I was thinking I was going 4-1 for a while but no dice.

Very nice call on Minny! Wish I would have seen that before as I passed on the game in real life.

Comment

Woodee, I was watching that SD/DEN game. SD had 2nd and change on Denver's 40, so if Denver held them it would have been a long ass FG attempt, which if missed would have put the ball just shy of midfield. So on the next play, Denver got a phantom personal foul. That 15 years, 1 Denver TO and 2 minute warning forced SD to kick the FG with about 115 left. But an awesome catch by Lloyd and some crappy defense moved Denver to SD's 30. As Tebow was firing the ball into the endzone, I was having bad flashbacks to the Houston/Jacksonville game of last year. But the ball bounced off the side of a Denver WR and fell to the ground.

Good luck with the Tebow hype, that should keep the point spread short for Denver when they come back from the bye week. If the league and Fox's staff didn't have Tim start, there's a reason why he's on the bench, believe it folks he's horrible under center. There was one play were SD's D line nearly tackled Tebow when he was under center.

Comment

SD have a 4th and long and kicked the FG to make Denver have to get a TD to win and not a FG. Denver would have gotten pretty good field position if SD went for it and didnt make it.
                I thought SD made a wise choice kicking the FG. SD didnt appear to be doing just to cover the spread in other words.
                good luck

Comment

Working...
                X