Friday Night - CFB Washington Huskies @ Cal Bears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Night - CFB Washington Huskies @ Cal Bears

Interesting game tonight in the PAC-12. Caution - I have been on a pretty bad slide lately.
    Current line
    California -4 / O/U51
    Wash +4
    Cal is 3-6 overall, 2-4 in conference, Wash is 4-4 overall, 2-3 in conference. Common opponents have been USC and Stanford where Cal lost both by a combined score of 12-48 and Wash beat Stanford and lost by just 10 to USC. Wash had both at home where they are 4-1, and where they are coming off of a win over previously undefeated Oregon St. Cal had USC on the road and Stanford at home, where they have gone 2-3. I guess the knock on Washington is that they are 0-3 on the road but thos games were @LSU, @Oregon and @Arizona....3 very high-powered offenses. These teams appear to be pretty even in most categories but the Huskies have been better against the pass giving up around 50 less ypg and they have come up with a few very good defensive efforts holding Stanford to 13 pts, USC to 24 pts and Oregon St to 17 pts.
    The Bears will be without star WR/PR Keenan Allen which could be a huge blow as he is their leader in receptions, receiving yds, TD's and points (60 recp. for 739 yds and 6 receiving TD's with 42 pts overall) He is the only Bear that has returned punts this year also. In Allen's absence, the Bears will be going with three freshman WR's with Bryce Treggs (21/216/1), Chris Harper (29/380/2) and Darius Powe (2/44/0). I think the absence of Keenan Allen swings what was probably a pretty even match-up in favor of the Huskies and think they have a decent shot at the outright win or at least a better than average shot at a cover. Washington has a great chance to finish with 3 straight wins and go to 7-4 on the year if they win this game as they've got Utah at home followed by @ Colorado and Wash St. Not sure Cal has much of a chance at becoming bowl eligible sitting at 3-6 with Oregon coming next week followed by Oregon St on the road. The Huskies have also won 3 straight in this match-up and 4 out of the last 5 SU, plus are a solid 5-1 ATS in the past 6 meetings.
    I'm not quite sure about this total at 51 though. Cal has given up 27 or more pts in 6 of 9 games but on offense Wash has scored 21 or less in 7 of 8 games. Wash has given up huge pts to LSU, Oregon and LSU but have also given up less than 17 pts on 4 occasions with USC kind of in the middle with 24. If I were to play a 7 pt teaser I think I'd be tempted to go UN 58 vs OV 44 just because Washington has had trouble putting up lots of pts (current offensive ranking 105 out of 120 in BCS) and I think they keep this close. But Cal got ripped last week at Utah giving up 49 pts so I guess it depends on if the Cal defense will step it up and play for pride or if they have given up on the season. Regardless, I think I'll just go with -
    Was +4 and screw the total.
    Last edited by dragon1952; 11-02-2012, 07:25 PM.

My greed got the better of me.
    I played, Was+4 and UN54 (bought 3 pts on the total)

Comment

Well with 8 min in the 3rd I would say your under is gold. The game could go either way but you are certainly in the drivers seat..

Comment

Damn I needed that. Also played Wash +140 2nd H. All of those turnovers made for a very frustrating game....lots of cheering and cursing the whole game. My dogs (or my wife) will never be the same :^ )

Comment

Working...
        X