No announcement yet.

Big Ten Tournament, Conseco Field House, Indiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe Purdue played that badly.

I am on michigan also. They are the better team and Iowa is not good...period.

I am also on:

Wiscy -12 over Minnesota

Indy +8 vs. Illinois...I think Illinois will win but not cover this number.

Big 12

Small plays on Texas Tech -2 and Okie State -9

Comment

Illinois ..Money Line...WIN

Michigan -2.0 WIN

Comment

ILLINOIS -6 vs Michigan, the line is laser sharp....

Illinois is carrying a 11 game consecutive win streak (the longest current in the nation) against Michigan. Michigan considers itself a bubble team, (only for the NIT in my opinion).

Illinois beats Indiana by 12 today while Michigan beats Iowa easily.

Deron Williams and Luther Head of Illinois scored a combined 49 of the 79 points for the Illini.

Illinois is firing on all cylinders and as long as the 3 guard offense is firing on target they will be hard to beat, Michigan lacks the key ingredient in beating Illinois, that is a STRONG inside game.

Illinois played Michigan January 31 in Illinois winning by 15 covering a 10 point spread. Since then Michigan has continued to be on and off and Ilinois is just plain on....

Illinois must stay out of foul trouble vs Michigan, a run and gun game does not favor Michigan. If they want to win they must pound the ball inside.

My numbers show Illinois by a solid 6 and I am going to play Illinois to cover this spread. Michigan does not match up well with Illinois at any position...

Illinois to cover is my pick....

Good Luck to all

Carpet

Comment

# 1 seed vs 2

History has shown that every team at the Big Ten Tournament will have a shot at leaving town with the title. In addition to Ohio State’s magical run as the eighth seed last year and Iowa’s success as the sixth and ninth seed in 2001 and 2002, the No. 4 seed has advanced to the finals three times. The Hawkeyes’ title-game foe in 2001 was fourth-seeded Indiana, Michigan claimed the first tourney title as a No. 4 seed in 1998 and Illinois reached the finals in 2000 as a fourth seed. The Illini pulled off an even bigger shock in the 1999 Tournament, advancing to the championship game despite holding the No. 11 seed. That 1999 event is the only year the top-seeded team has won the Big Ten Tournament (Michigan State), as the No. 1 seed has been upset in the quarterfinals in four of the six events, including each of the last two years.

I know I am looking ahead (shame on me) there is plenty of basketball to play...

Looks to me that Illinois and Wisconsin will play for the Big 10 tourney title.... If that happens basketball fans this will be the game of the year ... for both teams, the big ten and the entire NCAA .. to date..

What concerns me is the BIG DANCE is front and center after this game for both teams.

After they have beat each other to death, can each team bounce back after 3 days rest (traveling) to play a entirely different opponent....????

Just thinking out loud.........

Carpet

Comment

Illinois rolls over Michigan easily covering the 6 point spread, without 6-6 fwd Roger Powell,

Illinois vs Wisconsin PICKEM.......

These two teams split the series this year 1-1 both teams controling home court advantage.

A neutral site, colored in Orange.... is where they will play Sunday.

This Illinois teams has won 12 straight games and are playing great ball.

Wisky dodges a bullet escaping MSU by 2....

I Love Illinois is this game.

More to follow

Carpet

Semper Fi.

Comment

This is the game.... Time to strap them on tight and play the game of the year for both teams.....

Illinois plays with such an athletic ability, full motion offense, great 3 guard play, while Wisky is a no non sense 100% bunch of players.

This game will be a WAR.... 2 very well coached teams that execute to perfection......

Wisky plays above average outside of their home court, at home they are unbeaten under Bo Ryan.

Illinois remains the best road team in the 10 all year... The Conseco Dome will be packed with Orange....

Wisconsin plays a solid Zone Defense and are a very patient team, while Illinois is a more flowing, let it fly type team.

Illinois has proven they can beat the zone with outside shooting.

This should be a very good game...

Illinois is on fire, and I am staying with this bunch to win straight up vs Wisconsin...

Good Luck to all,
              Carpet

Semper Fi...

Comment

I don't believe Wisconsin has played a zone defense all year. Probably haven't since Bo Ryan started coaching them.

I KNOW that won't affect your play . . . just shedding a little accuracy to those reading your post.
                Race you to the windows!

Comment

Whisky threw a Zone D vs Illinois game one and it killed them..

Carpet

Comment

I am riding Illinois with you again. I think The MSU game wore Wiscy down quite a bit.

Good Luck. I will probab;y not be around too much until the end of next week. I am heading to the Cardinals spring training on Jupiter.

I may have a little time to check in now and then for some early tourney action.

Great job so far on the Illini and I can see them making a nice run.

Comment

I like Illinois . . .I think they will make some noise in the tourney, but clearly, the better team is Wisconsin.

I'm still trying to figure out how a top 10 team with an RPI of 12 is seeded 6th in the tourney. I don't get it. Maryland is a 4 (6-8 in conference)? Illinois is seeded higher? Makes no sense.

At least I get to see them live at the Bradley Center.
                      Race you to the windows!

Comment

Working...
                      X