Cardinals/Mets LCS Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardinals/Mets LCS Thread

Lets make some money in this series. Will try to put any emotion on the back burner b/c I am a huge Cards fan but feel like I can win some money along the way too by knowing the team inside and out.

Will post some more thoughts on the series later.

My 1st play: Mets -166 in Game 1---Glavine/Weaver---Weaver surprised me in the first series but think he may have a bad outing in Game 1. Mets are rested and relaxed and Weaver is still not good in my book and definitely not a game 1 starter on the road.

I agree with you on this woodee. I think Glavine with pitch very well in this one. I got it -168...Good luck my friend!!
    [COLOR=Red]Arizona DiamondBacker[/COLOR]

Comment

I meant will pitch well..

I also took the Mets -0.5 for the 1st 5 innings at pinny for -117..

Comment

im on the METS in game 1 also

Comment

Here we go again, I'm the only one standing on the other side of the fence again.......I'm just not that impressed by what the Mets did against the Dodgers and particularly with the over-hyped, over-the-hill Tom Glavine........I think he took advantage of a psyched-out Dogder club that was shellshocked and nervous (8 rookies on the post-season roster) more than he overwhelmed them.........He's gonna find out that the plate-aggressive Redbird lineup is a little tougher to cut through than the softer Dodgers were..........Add to the fact that Jeff Weaver has been sort of an enigma, an in-and-outer of sorts, that when he's bad, he's REAL bad, and when he's good (like he was in his last game against the Padres), he's REAL good.....almost unhittable......he's been that way throughout the majority of his carreer, dating back to his days with Detroit.....Now we don't know which Weaver will show up tomorrow, but I'll take my chances with the number I'm gettin'.......Besides, anyone that's been following my picks/plays over the years, knows how I LOVE to take the road-dog in the baseball playoffs......It just seems like the right thing to do.....especially in this one.....The St. Louis Cardinals to take Game 1 at +160...........Also like Detroit to take Game 1 in Oakland for what it's worth.........Good Luck guys.
          ;)

Comment

Nice call On Det Boone..

I just added the Mets on the runline -2 +173...I'm all over the mets today which means St. Louis will get the win....

Comment

Still like the Mets in the delayed Game 1. Rain day gace the cards a little extra rest but think the mets have it as I think Weaver Struggles. Rolen is playing but is not even close to healthy. He aggrivated a shoulder injury and bascially lied to the team the last part of the year so he could play. HGes tough but see him hurting the team more than helping at the plate.

Comment

Came up short with the Cards in Game 1, but still sticking to my "road team in the playoffs" theory that I know will show me a profit in the long run......Sticking to my guns today with the following:

Parlay:

St. Louis Cardinals
                Oakland Athletics

Really love the A's today.....And maybe I'm just being stubborn against the Mets, but I just can't see them holding down the Cards batting line-up forever.......Billy "The Bitch" Wagner is due to implode any minute now.....Let's hope it's tonight....Good Luck.
                ;)

Comment

I have to agree with you today Boone, I like both road dogs today..Good Luck!!

Oct 12 11:13pm 2 Team Parlay - Pending
                  1. Baseball - St Louis Cardinals - moneyline (-120)
                  for the entire game held on Oct 13 at 7:05pm [pending]
                  C Carpenter -R must start and J Maine -R must start for action
                  2. Baseball - Oakland Athletics - moneyline (+133)
                  for the entire game held on Oct 13 at 3:35pm [pending]
                  R Harden -R must start and K Rogers -L must start for action

Comment

Cashed with the mets on yesterday.

Going with Carp today.

STL -120 over NYM

Also played oakland +.

Good luck guys!

Comment

I with ya on STL today.

Had the under in the early game as well as under 16 for the grand salami.

All for a unit.

Comment

I took it deep on my losing parlay since the Oakland bats remain colder than the Detroit snow.........But have to admit I hit the nail on the head with the "Billy Wagner implosion bit".........He won't be the same pitcher for the rest of the playoffs now, a la Brad Lidge for Houston last year......He was never that good to begin with.....If they try to use him again tomorrow, he'll likely load the bases and wild-pitch a run home......That's more his style.....Go Cards !!!!!

P.S. I might have to stray from my "road-dog theory" for game three.......I just love the Redbirds going back to St. Lou all tied up at one game apiece.
                        ;)

Comment

Nice call.
                          jpehl

Comment

Yeah, Nice call on Wags and remembered your quote as i watched and hoped it would come true. SOOOOOOOO WHattttttttt......Taguchi!!!! NICE~

Love that guy!

What a game when Carp looked like shit. Think he was just warn out.

Think Crads take game 3 also, and mets bounce back in game 4 against rookie Reyes. Strong chance this will go 7.

Anyway, I am happy and may not bet another game in this series--too much emotion froim here on out. Cards are still not that great and Mets are wobbly but VERY dangerous with Beltran and Delgado. They scare the hell out of me.

Cards bully is maturing with that tobacco chewing Tyler Johnson (which i love to see b/c I love my copenhagen!!) and Wainright closing.

Anyway good game and think Boone has a good handle on this series w/o the ties I have to the cards so listen to him closely!

Comment

With all the CFB today, I think I'll pass on the early game (Oakland-Derroit).....As much as my heart is with the west-coast A's, I got a feeling the broom closet door just flung wide open......Let's watch and see what happens.

As for the night game, I'm looking to go heavy on the OVER 9.5......And a "lighter" play on the Cards......Thought they would be more heavily favored than they are listed, and this concerns me a bit, but gotta play them anyway.........As for the OVER, I know that Trachsel's gonna give up his customary (more like automatic) 5 or 6 runs per usual......And I'm thinking that it might take "Soup" a little time to settle in after not pitching in a week (I've gotta choose my words wisely here since my daughter's dating his first cousin.....that's why I was hoping the Dodgers would advance, cause "Soup" had promised us tickets!!!).........But all that bullshit aside, let's look at the Redbirds scoring early and often en route to a game pretty similar to yesterday's......7-5 or 8-6 Cards in this one, boys......good luck.
                              ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X