NFL GOW standings after Week 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BuckOrTwo
    It would also seem to me that if a guy has 4 wins, and another guy has 5 wins with 2 being pushes, the guy with 4 wins should be ahead of him should he not be??

Ummm...the guy with 4 wins would either have to be 4-3, 4-2-1, 4-1-2 or 4-0-3. How on Earth any of those beats 5-0-2 is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by hart attack
      not sure I follow what you're tryignt o say...........

Gee, there's hope for you yet.

Comment

yeah dragon, the nerve of me trying to go by the posted rules

Comment

I can understand Heart Attackts frustrations............this is the BEST season he has HAD in YEARS........not to worry, he will prolly start fading in the next few weeks, so you wont hear him complaining about pushes LOL

Comment

Originally posted by hart attack
            yeah dragon, the nerve of me trying to go by the posted rules
            When it's obviously an erroneous omission it's a little different. Ties have always counted, it was just not mentioned this time because whoever posted the rules probably forgot about it or felt it wasn't necessary to mention it again. Anyone who isn't anal retentive would probably realize that.

anal retentive - def:, Conversationally, the term is often used to describe a person deemed to be overly obsessed with minor details. Its roots are said to be from Sigmund Freud.

The term is often used in a derogatory sense to describe a person with such attention to detail that the obsession becomes an annoyance to others, and can be carried out to the detriment of the so-called anal-retentive person.

Comment

Call it what you want dragon if it makes you feel better. I was only following the rules. I guess you guys can do whatever you like. But ironic how the guy running the thing initially interpreted the rules the same way. Jdaub's first mention of breaking ties actually was something about putting in a seperate contest specifically designed to break a tie (see his quote below). Hardly a minor detail. Is it a minor detail to disallow a post of a selection in a contest at 11:01am when the rules state posts have to be in by 11:00am?

"The original rules as I read them said most wins, and then another type of contest would be used to break ties if needed."

Jdaub from the thread "NFL GOW Standings after Week 6" post #3

Comment

my bad

My bad Dragon we all are not as perfect as you. Let me explain my thoughts for your smart #$#$#$..Obviously 5-2 beat 4-3....We understand this...The way the post read, or should I say. The way I interpreted the post was to say that the push was involved in the wins. So in other words I was reading that as one guy was 5-2 with 2 losses. And the other guy was 5-2 with 3 pushes. The pushes being 3 of the 5 wins. Meaning we were counting pushes as a win...But thanks for your help and your smart azzz wisdom anyway.IT WAS MY MISTAKE.....People make those

Comment

You're welcome! Glad I could clarify things

Comment

Working...
                  X