College Hoops Week of Jan. 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Likes today:

Baylor +9 @ Texas AM baylor is a tough team and I think they hang with the Aggies

Kansas State-3(B+1/2) @ Colorado
    KS is improving and I don't think Buffalos r good

Akron/Kent state Over 128 see them both getting over 65 points, maybe OT.
    good luck

Comment

Adding Iowa State +23.5 over KU...Think they battle in this one and keep it within 17-18 pts.

Comment

Nice Calls, Garister. Right on the money!

I swept the board in the wrong way, 0-4. My only win on ISU was swept away with a garbage bucket wiht .4 left by KU when they were up by 23 and hit that one last shot to make it 25.

NC State was on the ropes all night.

Lasalle kept it close but lost in the last few minutes.

Unconn was a surprise--thought this one was a good bet.

Please disregard anything I post for a while. I am as cold as it gets and am going to take a break. I may comment and post one play a night, which you should probably fade, but unitl further notice, I suck.

Comment

woodee a break helps, It did for me.

So far I Like:

Wofford @ Georgia Southern-9 (B+1/2) wofford is just plain awful.

Dayton+11 1/2 @ Xavier I think Umass was their wake up call and playing another ranked opponent will get them back their fire. This should be single didgits

not totals or 1st 1/2 half lines out yet may have others, haven't looked at later games yet. ran out of time for now.
          good luck

Comment

Dayton is one of those weird lines that seems so obvious to take Dayton and the points. Ranked higher and a better winng % at 14-2.

Why in the hell are they getting 11.5 points?

Seems spooky to me,

but I still like Dayton in this one. Thats is even more spooky.

Comment

woodee I thought the same thing about Dayton too, but I am hoping its due to the loss at to Umass and barely beating STL in OT the game b4 that. I cant see any injuries that would cause this line to be so high.

If anybody has any input its welcome.
              good luck

Comment

For dayton I do see 1 injury a Forward Charles ?(cant remeber name) Is good player, but someone else should be able to step up and keep this within 11.

If its a sucker bet, They got me.

Strange line is conference leader(CS) a dog
                Cleveland State + 2 1/2 @ Green Bay

Clev has won 6 in a row and just had 2 big wins while GB lost 3 in a row so why are they favored? This looks like a letdown for CS. not playing just opinion.

Just 2 college plays today, USC looks tempting, but laying off with what just happened with MAyo and ncaa rules possible violation
                good luck

Comment

Only 2 posted picks tonight..not playing either of them. From now on I'm going to try to focus on the ACC and Big 10..i may chime in with another play but i'm going to focus on these big conferences.

For tonight:
                  Duke -9 at Va Tech. Even though Duke is a pretty heavy favorite for being on the road I like them to get the job done here. Duke hasn't struggled on the road this season and Va Tech just isn't that good. They're not bad..but I see this one being about 7-12 point victory for Duke. With that being said, this line is right where it needs to be. Depending on some movement one way or the other i may make a play on it..but nothing for now.

MSU -10 at Northwestern. Northwestern is awful-even at home and MSU is a top 10 team. No reason why they cant win by 15. If Morgan and Neitzel have solid games MSU will cover. No player for Northwestern is good enough to single handedly keep this game close. Not playing this one though because I've been on the losing end quite a bit lately. Gonna watch and see how this one plays out.

For that Dayton game..the line is a bit confusing. That being said, I think they are pretty close. I think Xavier is clearly better and at home...so i'm thinking somewhere around a 6-8 point line would be the right range. Even at 11..surprisingly I like Xavier. Dayton plays more close games, never really putting anyone away. While Xavier has shown the capability to put teams away by 25. I think Xavier can do that against a quality Dayton team that really only has 2 stars.

Also I agree that the Cleveland State line is very confusing. Another one of those games where the road team is clearly better, but home teams usually get it done. I don't know what UWGB's home record is but if they win something like 75% of their home games I can understand this line because the odds are that they will win.

Comment

Should have put my money on it tonight. 4-0 on games that i offered opinions on. 2-0 on the posted picks.

Some Notes:
                    Didn't see any of the Xavier or UWGB game but both teams were in the lead on every score update I saw. Xavier simply hammered Dayton. UWGB won by an impressive and unlikely 9 points.

MSU was lights out from 3 and they needed to be because Northwestern hit around 12 3's as well. MSU kept building a big lead and Northwester kept getting the 10-0 run to come back. MSU finished the game on a run and won by 16.

Duke was in control most of the game. Va Tech was never really able to get anything going offensively and they just couldn't stop Duke consistently enough to keep it close. Duke ran way with it getting an easy cover.

Comment

Got suckered today, taking what I thought was an ez game, no such thing.
                      should have stuck we the others GB and USC..from now on all lines that look funny I will go the opposite or stay away.
                      good luck

Comment

small board tonight, but I think I found a good one.

Arizona State @ Weber state Over 137

these 2 teams seem to push each other, L10 meetings minimum points scored is 140.
                        I feel that they both get 70 or more.
                        good luck

Comment

2 early plays for Sat--Selective is my word of the day.

Lasalle -2 over St.Louis

TCU +10 at Utah

No time for write ups but these are the only 2 early games and maybe any games that made the grade for my slumping butt.

Good Luck--Who do you guys like?

Comment

so far..i've finished capping the acc games for today and I like:
                            NC State +7.5...my line for this game was FSU -1.5 so getting value with the points...and
                            BC -6...my line for this game was BC -10 so getting value only giving 6.

Will be back with my big 10 plays later.

Comment

CBB 2:30PM Akron at Central Michigan +5½
                              CBB 3:00PM Auburn +9 at Alabama
                              CBB 6:00PM Penn State at Iowa -6
                              CBB 6:00PM Iowa State at Kansas State -12
                              CBB 7:00PM George Mason at NC Wilmington +6½

Adding these. And thats all for me for the day. No time for write ups. Feel good about all these so lets see what happen. Backed down my bet size until I get more consistent.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, N.C. State just went on a 17-0 run to end the 1st half. I think I saw them down 31-19 and at HT it is 36-31

Comment

Working...
                                X