Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleveland -2.5 - W
    Lakers + 4 - W

Wow! What a game! I sure didn't want to see OT, that's for sure. I think Utah could have got a better look there at the end. they hurried the 1st shot and still had time for another. That 2nd look was pretty good and the ball rimmed out. The Lakers looked like they had it in hand and then a barrage of 3's made it a game. Like a famous man once said "It ain't over till it's over" They should have taken Boozer out earlier...what a one man wrecking crew. Miss, foul, miss, foul, turnover, miss. I love those in-running bets though. I was able to get Utah +12.5 early in the 4th to go with my Lakers +4 .

Next up, New Orleans is back home for Game 7 vs the Spurs. The home team has won and covered every game in this series. San Antonio hasn't had a chance in New Orleans so far as the Hornets have demolished them all 3 times by margins of 19, 18 and 22.....and the line is only -4! Thank you very much.......I will be taking New Orleans -4

Comment

Actually, I guess up next is Game 7 in the Boston/Cleveland series. They hadn't posted the line yet when I wrote that last post.
      So......wow, I don't know about these 2 teams. Talk about rock-em sock-em robots. Cleveland is not going to go down without a fight, that's for sure. These 2 teams have now faced each other 10 times this season and are knotted up at 5-5. During the regular season the margins of victory were 1, 5, 5 and 10 with 1 OT. In the playoffs we've had 1 blowout by each team on their home court but the rest have been by 4, 11, 7 and 5. LaBron James has finally got off the schneid and posted back to back 32 and 35 pt games. I just don't see a blow out here, not that 8 pts is a blow out. But I sure ain't laying 8 pts. If I play this at all it will be to parlay Cleveland with New Orleans and maybe buy 3 pts (buy the 8 up to 11). And maybe just a small bet on Cleveland +8, just for fun.

Comment

I'm going to wait for a good in-running opportunity to hopefully get the Cavs plus a butt-load of pts

Comment

Well how about Cleveland +10.5 EVEN ....not to shabby. Looks like a defensive, low scoring game again.

Comment

And...Cleveland +2.5 HT.

Comment

LaBron is having a great game but no one else wants to step up and help.

Comment

OK....5 min left ....they need to let LaBron take every freakin' shot from here on out. At least don't let Julio Iglesias, or whatever his name is, shoot anymore

Comment

Way to go Cavs! I'm sure they ain't real thrilled about a cover but I sure am What a display by Labron James and Paul Pierce who combined for 86 pts! I didn't make a bet before the game as I figured Boston might jump out and I'd get a better value on the Cavs that way, which I did. I basically got them at +10.5 at even money and then again at +12.5 -110. Didn't need the points but better safe than sorry.
                  Next up New Orleans -4. It will be nice to watch the Spurs go down and have some fresh faces in the finals. Go Hornets!

Comment

If you do choose to go with the Hornets, you should probably do so soon. The line has already moved from 4 to 4.5 and in some places 5. If I remember correctly, last N.O. home game it went to 6.
                    Go Hornets!

Comment

Detroit Pistons +4.5

I'll take the rested Pistons plus the pts.

Comment

I like the OV 86.5 in the 2nd half.

Comment

Boston -4.5
                          OV 173.5

Comment

I like the Spurs +7 tonight at LA. Think they will adjust to what the lakers are trying to do and pull off a road win.

I wanted to take Detroit last night but could not pull the trigger, so hopefully the spurs are another live dog tonight.

Any thoughts?

Comment

Well, I've hit a slight bump lately so I'm probably not the one to ask. I was doing real well until Game 7 of N.O./S.A. I liked New Orleans in Game 7 and was wrong. I liked Detroit in the first game but obviously they were a tad rusty and Boston was still sharp. I should have gone with Detroit again in game 2...that was stupid, but at least I was correct on the total. I went with the Lakers in Game 1 and they came out sluggish, but then came on strong at the end. I think the Lakers will be sharp tonight. That loss had to take a little wind out of the Spurs sails. So I like the Lakers -6.5, which is the line I'm seeing now.
                              I'm also leaning towards the OV 193. There were a lot of players who had sub-par shooting efforts in that last game. Fisher was 1-9, Ginobili was 3-13, Finley was 0-5, Odom was 3-12, the Spurs were only 5 of 20 from 3-pt land, Kobe and Gasol got going late, etc.

Comment

Saturday 5/24 Game 3- Boston/Detroit

I like Detroit -5 at home tonite in Game 3. Boston has yet to win a playoff road game. Detroit has won them all except the 1st game of the playoffs vs Philly. Detroit only lost 7 regular season home games (if I counted correctly). Boston has had a more grueling playoffs and now has to hit the highway where they have not fared well. Before the conference finals started I thought it would be Lakers/Detroit and I still think so. I think the Lakers win it all. I guess we'll see.

Comment

Working...
                                X