College Football Week 1-Post your strongest plays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Football Week 1-Post your strongest plays

Though I would start a discussion thread to post your top plays for the opening week and hope to keep it going throughout the year.

Don't need huge analysis or anything but maybe a few word why you played it for real $$$.

The goal is to beat the books and we have some sharp guys in here who can help each other do that.

Thursday plays:

Baylor +12 over Wake Forest...Tough home dog here. I don't think wake should be favored by this much over a team that may surprise. Thye have a lot of offensive starters back but the D is what scares me. I think they can stay close if it a shoot-out and stay within the number.

I did also play Michigan -3 today. more thoughts on that later and I know BW has it as a 2 star key release. I think Michigan rolls myself but there are a ton of sharp people on Utah too. In the big house, only laying 3 is fine with me.

The Beginning of the Journey

OK,

I went ahead with 3 games 2nite. Strongest play is Miami, OH -3.5 vs Vandy. Simply, Miami has more experience back and beating an SEC team is always a big motivator for a MAC School.

2 smaller plays- S. Carolina under 44 and Buffalo over 57.

Good luck!
    Swicat
    Last edited by Swicat; 08-28-2008, 05:36 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Arizona/Idaho Under 62
      Dont Imagine Idaho putting up many points here and think zona's most likely output is between 40-45

Mizzou -8.5
      Don't see Illinois running the ball awfully successfully here and if they have to rely on the passing game I think Missouri wins handily.
      Kansas -36
      FIU ranked 119th in total defense last year (dead last) and Kansas is very solid on both sides of the ball, I think Kansas scores 50+ and would be surprised to see FIU put up more than 10 pts

Memph/Miss Under 55

NIU/Minn Under 59

Comment

Oregon

Comment

Bad start with Baylor. 0-1 YTD.

Friday:

Army +7 over Temple...Until Temple covers that much on the road against anyone, I will take the home dog.

Added for Saturday--

Auburn -26 over LA-Monroe

La tech +8 over Missy State

Wyoming -11 over Ohio U

La-Lafeyette +11 over So. Miss

Thats probably it for me for the weekend.

Monday:
          Fresno State +5 over Rutgers

Short on time going into the weekend but I have studied these up and down.

Comment

My strongest play of the day is Illinois and
            a ton of points.

I am sure you already knew that......

Carpet

Comment

Clemson-4(B+1/2) vs Bama

Arkansas State +19 @ Texas A&M
              good luck

Comment

Here's my link. Didn't want to clog up your thread with my long-windedness.

http://bettorsworld.com/web/forums/f...1-picks-28909/

Comment

Saturday

My strongest play today is Miss St. I think last year they rebuilt their confidence and no longer will be an easy win for any SEC opponent. Their first game is against a potentially good La Tech squad but La Tech is a threat in their conference not against a good SEC squad. I think 8 or 8.5 will no problem for Miss St.

Virginia vs USC- I like the cavaliers to cover the 21. USC has some new linemen and some banged up players so I look for the Trojans to be fairly conservative and keep this one close to the vest with the Buckeyes looming.

My other plays are Utah (have to have a side), Bowling Green, Va Tech under, Wash St and Northwestern under since I will be there and need something to keep my interest.

Good Luck!
                  Swicat

Comment

0-2 out of the gate---onto to saturday.
                    couple more adds--

1st half plays--

Florida -20 over Hawaii

Nebraska -7.5 over west michigan

hope the weekend goes better than the first 2 days!

also added...Bama +5 over Clemson

Comment

Wooddee
                      Great call on Bama I was on the otherside, but Arkansas state won SU as a 19 point dog. I wonder what the ML would have paid.

I was on the Florida play too.

Going with Louisville -3 today(actually I played ML-160)
                      good luck

Comment

Ouch, rough landing last night wiped out my decent morning. oh well, moving on...

I like CU and the under today. I think Sonny Lubick although doing a great job at CSU on the whole has left the cupboard a little bare. It reminds me alot of when Hayden Frye left Iowa and they had some lean years for awhile.

Good Luck,
                        Swicat

Comment

Looks like a 6-4 week for me on my plays after a bad start on the weekday games.

See you next week...i am looking at the Iowa State/Kent State game very closely. Think this one is a lot closer than the 7.5 line. Kkent beat ISU last year and I have to see what kind of team they have coming back. They lost to BC this week and i think they should be able to hang with a weak ISU team that played South Dakota State closer than the score indicated.

Back later with more insight on that and other games. Thanks for posting your plays in this thread too!

Comment

Working...
                          X