No announcement yet.

OHIO STATE VS. USC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, and before that Washington played BYU even. So UCLA is better than Tennessee, and BYU and Washington are way better than UCLA and Tennessee. If Tennessee beats Florida this week, that puts a Mountain West team and 2 Pac-10 teams way better than the SEC cream of the crop.

Comment

ARENT THERE 4 SOUTHEASTERN CONFERENCE TEAMS RANKED IN THE TOP 7?

ASIDE FROM USC, ONLY PAC-10 CONFERENCE TEAM RANKED IN THE TOP 25 IS OREGON.

NOT MUCH OF A DEBATE FROM WHERE I SIT EITHER. HAVE TO AGREE WITH H.A. & B.W.

Comment

Originally posted by ROTOG
        ARENT THERE 4 SOUTHEASTERN CONFERENCE TEAMS RANKED IN THE TOP 7?

ASIDE FROM USC, ONLY PAC-10 CONFERENCE TEAM RANKED IN THE TOP 25 IS OREGON.

NOT MUCH OF A DEBATE FROM WHERE I SIT EITHER. HAVE TO AGREE WITH H.A. & B.W.
        Depends on which poll I guess. In the USA Today Coaches poll there are 3. But that's because the SEC is overrated, which is the whole point. Who has Georgia played? Georgia Southern, Central Michigan and then they barely squeaked by an extremely overrated 1-2 South Carolina team who fumbled at the goal line at the end of the game. Wait until they lose to Arizona St this week. LSU??? Wow, they've played powerhouses Appalachian St and North Texas. Yes, Florida might be legit, but really...Hawaii and Miami, Fla? And then looking at the top 20 there's Alabama. Beat a grossly overrated Clemson team and then who.....they got by Tulane by 14 pts and then Western Ky. Auburn?....beat UL Monroe, S. Miss and Miss St. Auburn will be lucky to finish 6-6. Georgia will be lucky to finish 7-5. Alabama will be lucky to finish 8-4. Florida is the only legit team, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Boone Moone
          ..........And the debate will continue........

But why hasn't anyone mentioned the fact that the Mighty Pac-10 UCLA Bruins put the meat to Tennessee from the SEC during opening week?..........Doesn't this count for anything LOL !!!!.............I mean all they did was come back and get plowed by BYU 59-0 !!!!............and Arizona will probably kick their ass at home this weekend too !!!!!!!!........They are pitiful......How in the heck did they ever beat Tennessee?!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL! "Put the meat to" ? A 3 point upset win?

Comment

By 3-points or 59-0..........a win is a win...........and since Tennessee was on the "receiving" end of this loss, then yes......I guess you could say "they got the meat put to them"...............Just like Georgia will "get it" this weekend from a much quicker Arizona State team.........We'll talk then.

;)

Comment

Believe me, I'm an SEC guy (Gator Fan). My original comment was about the Big 10 and the Pac 10. I think the SEC is a way stronger conference than any other for sheer depth.

Then again, if you wanna look at QB, you'd have to go with the Big 12.

Comment

pac-10 and big-10 are no where near as deep as the SEC. If they were, then they would have 4 top 10 ranked teams.

and as clearly stated already, two of them square off this weekend so one will automatically be removed from the national title hunt simply because the SEC schedule has so many good teams that there is no way to dodge the minefield schedule. then, lets throw in a conference title game.

since usc plays maybe one or two tough games a season, and doesn't have to deal with a conference title game, they should be undefeated. this is the direct result of a "cupcake" schedule from a "cupcake" conference.

it is what it is. until the NCAA develops a playoff format there will always be teams that play a real schedule that wont get a title shot because of a loss due to their murdereous conference schedules.

and just curious.......to those that keep claiming that the SEC is overrated (and this is why there are 4 teams in top 10), arent these the same pollsters that say usc should be ranked #1? are the opiniuons of these "experts" only valid when referring to usc? did these pollsters suddenly lose their focus after making usc #1? can't have it both ways.

SEC is EASILY the strongest conference and anyone with a clue knows it.

Comment

I'm not saying that the SEC is not a formidable conference in regards to stregnth when you compare it to the other CONFERENCES..........I'm saying that no team in the SEC compares to the current version of the USC football team, period.............Regardless of the cupcake schedules, regardless of the strength of the competition.........All I'm saying is that no team in the SEC at the moment, would come out on top if they were to face the USC Trojans in a football game, I could give a shit about the rest of the Pac-10..........We're talking TROJANS here!!!

;)

Comment

Originally posted by dragon1952
                    Depends on which poll I guess. In the USA Today Coaches poll there are 3. But that's because the SEC is overrated, which is the whole point. Who has Georgia played? Georgia Southern, Central Michigan and then they barely squeaked by an extremely overrated 1-2 South Carolina team who fumbled at the goal line at the end of the game. Wait until they lose to Arizona St this week. LSU??? Wow, they've played powerhouses Appalachian St and North Texas. Yes, Florida might be legit, but really...Hawaii and Miami, Fla? And then looking at the top 20 there's Alabama. Beat a grossly overrated Clemson team and then who.....they got by Tulane by 14 pts and then Western Ky. Auburn?....beat UL Monroe, S. Miss and Miss St. Auburn will be lucky to finish 6-6. Georgia will be lucky to finish 7-5. Alabama will be lucky to finish 8-4. Florida is the only legit team, IMO.

Your comedy is your strong suit. Hope you didn't dump too much of your bankroll on ASU against that "mediocre overrated" Georgia team. What flavor "cupcake" does ASU play next week as Mushberger says they will now embark on that grueling pac-10 schedule.

Comment

Eat shit and die

Comment

Will there be sprinkles on that cupcake?

Comment

It's good to know that the entire nation gets to see my boys in action this coming Thursday night in Prime Time.........A rare midweek treat ........to see the cream of the crop at the college level, a real classy football program unveiled right before their own eyes right on ESPN..........Should excite everyone except for those in Corvallis, Oregon........where this brutal ass-whoopin' will all take place............Trojans could easily win this one 56-0 or 63-0........It's just a matter of how long coach Pete Carrol allows his first team to play.........but then again, the 2nd string could probably beat most of the Top Ten teams anyway, so we'll just have to wait and see !!!

;)

Comment

Working...
                          X