No announcement yet.

Championship College Football Saturday Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate to gloat but the games went exactly as I figured they would......

Excuse me but CHA FUCKING CHING !!!!!

;)

Comment

You knew USC would miss 3 FG's and have their heads up their asses for 3 Q's? Sign me up

Comment

Boone, You WERE right on all counts and for all the right reasons. USC's offense has been a bit sluggish and UCLA has a decent D. Even if he made those 3 FGs, they would not have covered and it would have stayed under.

Bama was tough and John Parker had a pretty good game. Florida,e ven without Harvin was just a bit better. It sure looked like Bama had punched them in the mouth in the 3rd quarter and were going to win it. But Tebow kept coming and the Florida D got it together in the 4th. Tough ATS loss by one point for Bama backers.

Comment

Not sure about Florida vs Oklahoma. I expect the line will be Florida -3?

Florida's D showed some weakness against Bama. I don't see how they keep Oklahoma to less than 38. But OK's defense is not as good as Bama's so I don't see them keeping Florida to less than 38 either.

I see a 45-41 type of game and whatever defense makes a play to hold one or two drives to a FG instead of a TD wins.

Comment

Does anybody here think it should be anyone else but Florida/Oklahoma for the Big Game?.........I don't.
            ;)

Comment

Yes i do, and coming from someone who does not like the longhorns, i feel that in any other sport Texas would be the team playing Florida, however were left with this quirky system that only a handful of people believes work. Once again were left with another college football season saying what if...This is not how any sport should end. In my opinion this system constantly disallows underdogs to prevail. Why does everyone love March madness because the fans know that anyone can win. The same should be true for football. What will it take to change this crap? Until its changed i will continue to ignore college football.
              jpehl

Comment

While I might agree that subjectively, Florida and Oklahoma may indeed be the best two teams in College football, certainly Texas can make the argument that they beat Oklahoma and only have one loss also. What more do you want? If Oklahoma was undefeated and Texas beat them on the last week of the season, who do you think would be going to play Florida? Texas, of course. Timing is everything. But it shouldn't be.

Playoff, playoff, playoff.

Comment

From my view, the problem is with us American's always having to narrow everything down to one 'best'. It doesn't matter what we're talking about either, it's like an obsessive/compulsive thing. Why does there always have to be a 'best'? Why can't there be 2 or 3 'equals' sometimes? Some years there may definitely be a clear cut best. But more often than not, there isn't. And the other playoff systems we use don't necessarily result in the best team winning anyway. Like someone said about March Madness....anyone can win. The NY Giants won the Super Bowl last year and I don't think they were the best team.
                  The best playoff systems are probably in pro baseball, pro basketball and pro hockey, where you have to win a 'best of' series instead of 'one game and you're out'. But that system is not feasible in football because it would involve too many games. Also, what ruins those systems are the 'wildcards'. You allow inferior teams into the mix that could get hot at the right time.
                  So say there was a playoff system in college football that involved the top 8 teams. So you'd have Oklahoma, Florida, Texas, Alabama, USC, Utah, Texas Tech and Penn St. I think you could probably make a case for any of those teams, so this year it might work out OK. The team that made it all the way would have to win 3 tough games, and it would be hard to dispute the winner. I think you do away with the conference championship games though. They could start the playoff around the middle of December, and it would culminate about the same time the championship game currently plays.

Comment

Working...
                  X