Thursday Night NFL - SD/OAK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday Night NFL - SD/OAK

It is inconceivable to me that a 4-7 team that is 1-5 in their last 6 games could be a 9.5 pt favorite over anyone, let alone a division rival. This team is 3-7 ATS this year as a favorite, and is still resting on it's laurels from the past couple years for some reason, and continues to be a public favorite in the eyes of the oddsmakers. This team is toast as far as post-season is concerned. They have virtually no running game, and have failed ATS for the past 3 home games in a row against beatable teams, winning 1 by a single point and losing 2 as favorites straight up. Take Oakland +9.5 and smile all the way to the bank.

got to agree with you on this one. as much as I know the raiders blow, their D has been pretty good and SD has underachieved since they were robbed in week 2. several gut wrenching losses in final seconds have deflated this team and they will probably play like Jax (roll over and give their back).

I will tease the raiders up for sure.

Comment

My own spread I have SD -11.5...a two point difference then Vegas.

I would lean toward the Chargers. The Raiders are open to a blow out loss several times this year.

Comment

Do the Chargers have any playoff possibilites what-so-ever? At 4-7 I bet now but I am too lazy this morning to research it and figured you'd know more.

If not, I think the Raiders are the play too.

Comment

Yes, they do still have a slim chance. If Denver goes no better than 1-3 and the Chargers go 4-0 the rest of the way, the Chargers win the division. They play each other in San Diego the last game of the season. Denver has vs KC, at Carolina, vs Buffalo, at S.D. San Diego has vs Oakland, at KC, at TB and vs Denver.
          But regardless of that, their best scenario was to get within a game of Denver before the last game when they meet, and then beat Denver because with both at 8-8 SD would win the tiebreaker (assuming SD beat both Oakland and KC). The Chargers really had to win one of their last 2 home games against either Indianapolis or Atlanta, and Denver had to lose against the Jets. Neither one happened.
          I can see Denver finishing 1-3, but I don't think the Chargers go 4-0. That road game at TB is a killer probably.
          Oakland has given up an average of just 16 ppg their last 4, and except for the shootout in London against the Saints, the Chargers have averaged 16 ppg in their last 5 in the U.S.

Comment

San Diego has dominated this series in recent years. Since Dec of 2003, the Chargers are an amazing 10-0 SU and 9-1 ATS against the Raiders. The only game Oakland covered during that period was a Nov 2006 game at San Diego where the Chargers won 21-14 as -13.5 favorites. In the 3 meetings since then, the Charger margins of victory have been 14, 13 and in a game earlier this year, 10. In that last game, the Raiders led 15-0 at HT. The Chargers needed 25 4th Q pts to get the 28-18 win. The Chargers scored 10 pts in the last 2 minutes of the game for the unlikely cover. RB Justin Fargas did not play in that game.
            The last time the Chargers were 4-8 during the season though was in 2003, when the Raiders won a 34-31 home game and lost a 21-14 road game.
            It is noteworthy to remind you though that since 2003, the Raiders have been a really bad team, and since 2004 the Chargers have been a really good team. Since the beginning of the 2003 season, the Raiders have only won 19 games and have lost 59. Since the start of 2004, the Chargers have gone 46-18 (not counting this year).

Comment

SURE GLAD I TEASED THE RAIDERS. SHOULD BE ARRESTED FOR CASHING NFL PAYCHECKS. WORTHLESS PILE OF GARBAGE.

Comment

Yes, I probably should have mentioned that I have been known to be wrong before

Comment

I agree. Oakland's trickle down theory. Starts with Davis and goes from there. If anyone in this country should make some cuts in the biz world, it is the Oakland Raiders. Start from the top and go down.

What a poor showing-Like one of the announcers said, I don't know how they won 3 games.

Comment

I bet on one game of theirs this season..........They are about as predictable as an earthquake, and almost as horrible as the Detroit Lions..........Former Coach Lane Kiffin had them on the right path, but Davis couldn't stand not being involved in everyday operations..........Now he is and look what's happened.............You write them off and they cover (against Carolina, Miami, Denver, Jets)............You take the huge spread and they suck (Baltimore, San Diego last night, Denver opening night).............Too unpredicatable to even look at their games from a gambling aspect.

At least the Lions and the Seahawks and Bengals look like shit on a consistent basis, which makes it a little easier on the handicapper............Stay away from the Raiders or you'll end up in the Black Hole.
                    ;)

Comment

Yeah, it's not like the Chargers were that competent moving the ball. They were continually set up in the 1st half by bonehead Raider mistakes. 2 Russell INT's and a fumble in the red zone. And it's not like the Chargers had to work for the INT's. They were thrown right to people. Things got out of hand real quick. The 2nd half reminded me more of the real Chargers

Comment

I fucking hate Pittsburgh and I fucking hate the refs even more.... carry on

Comment

2nd half dallas +3.5

Comment

Working...
                          X