Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red Raiders Sec Preview ( Florida Gators)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Raiders Sec Preview ( Florida Gators)

Offensively you've got to start with the loss of Tebow. John Brantley will start and from everything I've read he should be good. The running game shouldn't miss a beat with Demps, Gillislee, and Emmanuel Moody. The loss of WR Riley Cooper and TE Aaron Hernandez will hurt but Chris Rainy moving to receiver should help.
    On the defensive side of the ball, the line especially the ends will be a question mark. Linebackers will miss Spikes but have plenty of talent returning. I think the secondary will be their strongest area on defense with Jarious Jenkins returning at corner and Ahmad Black at strong safety.
    Special teams have both kickers returning with punter Caleb Sturgis netting 41 yds. per punt.
    Overall the Schedule favors the Gators with a soft non conference schedule other than at rival Florida st. The sec schedule has one really tough test on the road at Bama. They play at Tennessee which is no picnic but a game they should be able to handle. At home tough games will come at the hands of South Carolina and LSU. Then there is always the Georgia game at a neutral site.
    The bottom line is if some young talent can step up(which they have plenty) this could be another SEC East championship. The gators will not be able to fumble as much as they did last year though 17-lost 11. I think the quarterback for the most part will get the job done, but he is no Tim Tebow.
    Red Raiders prediction: I don't think the Gators will go undefeated. BEST CASE SCENARIO 10-2. WORST CASE SCENARIO 9-3. This of course barring big time injuries that may occur!! Also, just curious what ALLSPORT thinks of the Gators chances and their new qb. More teams later!!!
Working...
X