Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you interested in a "Hilton" Style Contest here at Bettorsworld, please sign in.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was on that team that sucked with xpappa...I didn't pick worth a shit that year but had nothing to do within picking before kick-off etc. but hitting 50% individually on a team of 5 won't get you in the prize money, thats for sure.

Comment

I'd be interested in the $50 entry.

Are we abandoning the idea of each of us putting up $50 and just going with the $300 prize money Jeff has offered for a Mock Hilton Contest?

We could have a side pool within that contest for those who want to enter for $50.

Someone could ask Jeff to send out an email to his Bettorsworld email list alerting folks to the Mock Hilton Contest and the possible $50 side pool.

Maybe we could we use Jeff's automated system for this contest at: http://www.sports-bettors.com if there is a way to set that up for just this contest. But then you might not be able to see everyone's picks. How do we want to handle picks? If it's just $300 on the line, no problem. But if we are putting up $50, we might want to have secret picks and then reveal them a couple hours before game time. Hilton has a Saturday deadline for their contest!

Comment

Originally posted by widestrides View Post
        I'd be interested in the $50 entry.

Are we abandoning the idea of each of us putting up $50 and just going with the $300 prize money Jeff has offered for a Mock Hilton Contest?

We could have a side pool within that contest for those who want to enter for $50.

Someone could ask Jeff to send out an email to his Bettorsworld email list alerting folks to the Mock Hilton Contest and the possible $50 side pool.

Maybe we could we use Jeff's automated system for this contest at: http://www.sports-bettors.com if there is a way to set that up for just this contest. But then you might not be able to see everyone's picks. How do we want to handle picks? If it's just $300 on the line, no problem. But if we are putting up $50, we might want to have secret picks and then reveal them a couple hours before game time. Hilton has a Saturday deadline for their contest!
        I think the first year let's just go with the $300 Jeff/Bettorsworld has decided to contribute to the contest. Maybe down the road after we work the bugs out we can go with the $50 buy in.............unless there's enough guys will to put in the $50.00, so far it doesn't look like it??

Comment

Originally posted by woodee12 View Post
          I am still interested, so lets try to get at least 10 guys and do it if possible. I can keep score, and I assume we will have someone hold the money.

The key here is an Hilton "style" contest not the actual hilton contest.

Basically we would pick 5 games each, and then the winner get the cash as allocated. $50 is not that much ans would add some fun. Basically a contest here at BW, but the prize money is our own...kind of like an office pool or fantasy football league really.

Lets get a solid number and I will be happy to help out getting it going.
          Maybe we should do a $50 winner take all format ?????

Comment

Originally posted by dragon1952 View Post
            You better check again because me and at least another guy were right there with the top Hilton pickers year before last.
            never mind.....i misread that post

Comment

Working...
            X