Widestrides NFL Picks Week 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Widestrides NFL Picks Week 3

15-13 for the season on posted plays. (53.4%)
    6-4 Mock Hilton (60%)
    13-7 Carib Contest (65%) 19th Place (Top 20 get paid)

0-2 BW GOW Contest (Go figure. Two weeks on the Chiefs!)

Starting the week off with a Homer play.

Giants +3 and over 49.

I know Nicks and Bradshaw are out, but watch Reuben Randle and the young stable of Giants RBs tonight. Panther D not that great. Giants secondary also weak and hence the over. Cam and Eli shootout. One guy posted and said, "Panthers -1, First Half. I want no part of Eli's 4th Quarter heroics."

I ended up pulling the trigger on the gmen and a teaser that just barely made it. I like when they are being dumped on because they play their best plus on the road....
    Was a fun game for us Giant's fans

the only issue I had was I've got Cam in fantasy and he didn't nothing. But picked up Andre Brown for this game as well

Comment

KillDrive killed my over as Giants got FGs instead of TDs in the RedZone. But it was really the Panthers pathetic showing that cost me the over.

I thought Randle was going to shine, but Barden finally made his "debut" for the Giants!

And we thought Wilson or Scott might emerge this year, but it's Andre Brown!

Hope Rolle is okay.

Prince looked better.

Comment

Originally posted by resteasy View Post
        I ended up pulling the trigger on the gmen and a teaser that just barely made it. I like when they are being dumped on because they play their best plus on the road....
        Was a fun game for us Giant's fans

the only issue I had was I've got Cam in fantasy and he didn't nothing. But picked up Andre Brown for this game as well
        LOL...yeah I played a 7pt teaser also, Giants +10 and OV 42. Phew...what a squeaker!
        Last edited by dragon1952; 09-20-2012, 10:35 PM.

Comment

YEah, was great to see Barden get his 'premiere'.
          I have a rotating desktop wallpaper of Giant's which is a year old (need to delete that jacobs and manningham slide) but Ramses Barden comes up on there and people are like "who is that? How old is that shot?"
          finally he Does exist!

Comment

I actually had a fantasy football opponent tonight who grabbed both Andre Brown and Barden off of the waiver wire this week and started them both.......56 freakin' pts combined :^ /

Comment

1-1 so far this week.

Here are my early thoughts and leans.

Detroit -3.5. Tenny is a home dog, but I thought Detroit played tough and smart against SF. Ran the ball pretty well. They should find it easier going against Tenny. Running back Chris Johnson threw his offensive line under the bus this week. Not off to a good start in Tenny.

Buccaneers +9 at Dallas. Bucs gave up a bunch to the Giants but they are a spunky bunch with two very good WRs. Dallas home opener after a disappointing loss makes it a bit of a dangerous play. Banking on continued problems in the Dallas OL.

Rams +7.5 at Chicago. Line dropped from 9 with Forte ruled out. Rams playing tough on both sides of the ball. Enough to keep it within a TD.

Browns +3. Great chance for the 0-2 Browns to get a home win. Weeden getting more comfortable. This is a play on the home dog, the better D and a hungry home team.

Seahawks +3.5 vs Green Bay. Hawks will be even higher this week for the Pack. Jennings questionable with a groin for GB. Rogers misses him. Marshawn Lynch should have a good day. There are holes in that Packer D.

Arizona +3.5 vs Eagles. Cards not getting any respect. They will be up for Vick and the Eagles who are lucky to be 2-0 with 9 turnovers in two games. Kolb has something to prove to the Eagles - and to the AZ fans. But it's the tough Cardinal D that I'm banking on.

Steelers/Raiders under 45.5. I don't see either offense lighting it up. Both Ds should have the upper hand. Conservative game plans on both sides.

Niners only -6.5 at the woeful Vikings?! Sucker line?
              Here's why the line on Niners may be only -6.5:
              Since 1989, teams that are 0-2 ATS are 52-29-1 ATS as an underdog in week 3.
              Niners last year were 6-2 straight up on the road but only won 1 game on the road by more than 7 points.
              Still, I could see Harbaugh and the Niners just slowing grinding down the Viks 23-10. Viks have played Jax and Indy - two of the worst. And now they have to face maybe the best! But it's at home in a loud dome.

Bengals +3.5. Gimme the playoff team with a very good D and 3.5 points. Got the 3.5 earlier in the week. RGIII scares me though and it's the home opener for him in DC. I sorta like the under 49.5 as both Ds are good although neither played well last week.

Ravens -2 vs Pats. Brady's record after a loss is very good, but Ravens are at home and have big revenge factor. These are not your Father's Patriots. Offense getting old. Defense too young.

Ravens and Pats under 50. Big game and the Ds should step up. However, it's always dangerous going under with two no-huddle teams. I think they will be no-huddle, but not hurry-up.

Texans -1 at Denver. Still not sold on Peyton being in tune with his new WRs yet. Still, he is back at home and Broncs are tough on teams in the altitude. Always a big advantage. Texan D is playing well. Tough bunch with Wade calling the signals. I might lay off this one and root for Peyton.

Comment

Locked in so far:

Bengals +3.5
                Lions -3.5
                Buccaneers +9
                Niners -6.5
                Rams +7.5
                Browns +3
                Seahawks +3.5
                Cardinals +3.5
                Steelers/Raiders under 45.5

Waiting to see if I can get better numbers on Ravens and Ravens/Pats under and whether I really want to go with them. Night game, so plenty of time.

Comment

I like the Browns and cards pick, would love the Hawks pick if Flynn were slinging the ball.
                  Pitt D banged, but Raiders are as good as McFadden so they could shut them down.

I think Vegas gets rich this week and more dogs have there day this weekend by far.

Best Of Luck.
                  good luck

Comment

Adding two unders:

Lions/Titans under 47.5
                    Texans/Broncos under 44.5

Comment

Just grabbed Pats/Ravens under 50 as it is going down.
                      And added Colts -3.

Locked in so far:

Bengals +3.5
                      Lions -3.5
                      Buccaneers +9
                      Niners -6.5
                      Rams +7.5
                      Browns +3
                      Seahawks +3.5
                      Cardinals +3.5
                      Steelers/Raiders under 45.5
                      Lions/Titans under 47.5
                      Texans/Broncos under 44.5
                      Pats/Ravens under 50
                      Colts -3
                      Last edited by widestrides; 09-23-2012, 09:47 AM.

Comment

3-8 with Pats and Ravens under to go.

I fell for the Niners and Lions Public Plays. But MY home dog Browns couldn't cover for me. Hard to figure out which Home Doggies are going to bark and which are going to roll over. My three unders went WAY over! And yet overs are only 6-8 so far this week.

Comment

Originally posted by garister View Post
                          I like the Browns and cards pick, would love the Hawks pick if Flynn were slinging the ball.
                          Pitt D banged, but Raiders are as good as McFadden so they could shut them down.

I think Vegas gets rich this week and more dogs have there day this weekend by far.

Best Of Luck.
                          I was right, dogs went 10-4 today and I am sure Vegas is smiling.
                          good luck

Comment

Originally posted by garister View Post
                            I was right, dogs went 10-4 today and I am sure Vegas is smiling.
                            Damn, I had 2 of the 4 losers! and 3 of the 10 winners.

Unders were 8-7. I had 4 unders but they all got blasted over. Not even close.

Pats are 1-2. Saints 0-3.

Three 0-2 teams won, but not the fourth - that was mine - the Browns.

Tough week. At least I got my GOW picks right in College and Pro.

Comment

Working...
                            X