X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois -1.5 VS. Penn State

I am loving Illinois here...

Carpet can you please provide your valuable, in depth info on Illinois. I

I do not know what I am missing here but I see great value in this line!

It is Orange and Blue day in Illinois this week too so it will be a great atmosphere for big win.

What am I missing? Injuries?

Illinois got smoked but I think La Tech is the Houston of last year myself and may run the table.

Woodee:

There is something wrong with Illinois this year, new coach, new systems, and the same horrible special teams play have left many a Illini fan saying they have not improved one inch under Coach Beckman.

Illinois is decimated with injuries and the new Illinois coach plays that information to tight to his vest. The secondary is playing with a depth chart of 2 and 3.

When I look at a roster of 85 players on Illinois and compare that to other teams on a Injury % of starters Illinois ranks right up there. The problem is depth and Illinois has no depth on the bench. Illinois is hurt as a team physically.

Looking at the Game:

Illinois gave up 6 turn overs last game vs a very bad defense, and I do mean a very bad defense. QB Sheelhasse of Illinois should be ready to play. Last game he was a bit rusty and was pulled for the back up Otoole who only managed 105 yards on 19-25 passing.

Illinois is going to be passive in throwing ball down field (it makes no sense) but they will and will rely on the ground game to limit turnovers. Penn State will stack 7 deep to stop that. Illinois kicker is also out for this game.

Penn State is playing some pretty good football as of late. One thing that stands out is the defense. Allowing only 15.3 pt's a game good for #24 in the nation.

On offense the Lions average 254 yards a game by air good for # 45 in the nation. This is a amazing stat. With the secondary of Illinois I suspect Penn State will make their average.

Penn State has no real kicker and you will see a lot of 4th and one type going for it calls by Penn State due to a realized lack of confidence in the kicking game

It's not the bravado of a home game vs your new arch rival that wins the game. It is simply what you have to place on the field come kick off.

State seems to be improving and Illinois seems like they have forgot how to play football. I just cannot for the life of me see how Coach Beckman can find magic in a bottle vs this good Penn State team.

Comment

I am still taking a shot with Illinois. Usually the teams who have looked terrible fly under the radar for bettors and this is a type of spot I like to play no matter the injuries.
      I say they put a game together and win one to open the big 10 schedule.

Thanks for the info!!

Comment

Your welcome my friend any time.

One other way to look at this game is the O/U line of 42.5.

We have two good defensive teams playing each other and I like the under in this game.

Comment

The Illini are not good at all defensively. After that hideous showing vs La Tech on both sides of the ball I just can't pull the trigger on them any more. I think Penn St is the play here even though they blow chunks as well. GL

Comment

I still think la tech is pretty damn good. Not getting enough credit.

Comment

Originally posted by woodee12 View Post
              I still think la tech is pretty damn good. Not getting enough credit.
              I have to agree with you Woodee La Tech is lightning fast and it does remind me of Houston in a way, but Houston had some kind of a defense.

Illinois has 14 players hurt coming into this game vs Penn State, This game really worries me. Listening to the Illinois coaching staff talk about Penn State today makes you wonder just how in the world will they be able to move the ball and score on the Lions.

Illinois is concerned with Penn States speed and after the beat down they received vs fast teams it is a major concern. Now if Penn State looks fast to the Illini coaching staff then the word fast has taking on a whole new meaning.

Just way to many question marks on Illinois in every phase of the game at this time.

Comment

I made Penn St. 6 point favorites, and they come out as 1 point dogs. I like my favorites getting a
                few extra bonus points, not going the other way. St. has beaten a couple teams that I have on about
                the same level as Illinois. I would rather take then receive in this game. Line scares me so I would
                also rather pass then play. Good Luck with your decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by dogkatcher View Post
                  I made Penn St. 6 point favorites, and they come out as 1 point dogs. I like my favorites getting a
                  few extra bonus points, not going the other way. St. has beaten a couple teams that I have on about
                  the same level as Illinois. I would rather take then receive in this game. Line scares me so I would
                  also rather pass then play. Good Luck with your decisions.
                  Illinois is going to lose this game and I hate saying such strong predictions

Comment

Originally posted by Carpet View Post
                    Illinois is going to lose this game and I hate saying such strong predictions
                    That's my side also, if I were to play. When I refer to the favorite, I was saying Penn St. was a 6 point favorite on my line, not the real betting line, which is or was Illinois -1. I'm so used to only playing dogs that are giving me points, in excess of my projected line, I think I made it sound like I was in favor of Illinois. This getting old crap has got to go. I'll be rooting
                    for your side, best of luck.

Comment

Penn State is calling all dogs in on defense. They know to bring the pressure.

Comment

I am still on Illinois myself. I think they win by 3.

Comment

Well, you guys were right!! 0-21 now and I see no shot of Illinois coming back in this one. You guys have Illinois pegged dead on!
                          Such high expectations to this. Deja vu from hoops!!

Comment

Penn State 35 Illinois 7

As predicted Illinois cannot move the ball on Offense vs the Lions.

Illinois looks like crap and they have Wisconsin and Michigan up next

Comment

Working...
                            X