PLEASE READ THE RULES VERY CLOSELY AS THIS CONTEST HAS BEEN ENHANCED IT MAKE IT ONE OF THE BEST CONTESTS ON THE WEB
This contest is a very popular contest. There are some great handicappers in this contest, and each week, you're getting their very best play. As such, the rules have been modified to provide quality free picks to everyone at bettorsworld.com.
The Pro Football Game of the Week contest is simple. Pick ONE PRO FOOTBALL game per week, against the spread or total. The winner is the contestant with the most wins at the end of the season.
This contest is held in our main Bookies Hell posting forum. Picks are posted in the appropriate thread each week, and standings are generally posted by Wednesday morning.
Official Rules (please read closely as the rules have been modified from last year):
1. The contest will run from Week 1 (September 5, 2012,) through the Championship game in New Orleans (February 3, 2013) of the Pro Football schedule.
2. Your pick may include a Thursday, Saturday, Sunday, or Monday game. However, you are only allowed one pick per Pro Football week.
3. Players in this contest will post one pick per week using the line listed Wednesday morning at a major online sportsbook. If more than one pick is posted by a contestant, the first pick will be used. Editing picks will not be allowed. Once your pick is posted it is official.
IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO KNOW THE RULES, IF YOU POST A PICK AFTER THE DEADLINE, IT WILL BE COUNTED AS A LOSS AND YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE OPTION TO POST ANOTHER PICK!!
4. If a game is posted as "OFF" when lines are posted on Wednesday morning, it will remain "OFF" even if the side and total are subsequently posted later in the week. Posting a game that is "OFF" will be counted as a loss.
5. The contestant may pick a SIDE or TOTAL!!!
6. THE FOLLOWING IS THE DEADLINE FOR POSTING A PICK, NO EXCEPTIONS!!
a. THURSDAY GAME: Pick must be posted one hour before scheduled kickoff time
b. SATURDAY GAME: Pick must be posted one hour before scheduled kickoff time
c. SUNDAY GAME: ALL SUNDAY GAMES MUST BE POSTED BY NOON EASTERN TIME, no exceptions are made for 4:05, 4:25, and Sunday night football games
d. MONDAY GAME: Pick must be posted one hour before scheduled kickoff time
7. Should in the event the website is down, you must email your pick to email@example.com in accordance with Rule 6, deadline for posting a pick.
8. Not posting a pick for the week WILL be counted as a loss.
9. Win (1 point), tie/push (1/2 point), and loss (0 point) will be recorded and posted generally no later than Thursday morning of the concluded week.
10. Miss any combination of three (3) weeks of not posting a pick and you are OUT of the contest for the remainder of the season and be removed for tracking purposes.
11. If you enter after the contest has begun, all previously completed weeks of the contest will be counted as a loss to the contestant.
12. In the final three weeks of the contest (Divisional Weekend, Conference Championship Sunday and the Championship game in New Orleans) all contenders (who will be bolded in the standings) MUST submit their picks via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Picks will be posted as soon as all picks have been received from all contenders. This rule has been established to provide a competitively balanced playing field for all contestants.
13. In the event in the final week, that there is a tie for any place "in the money", the tiebreaker will be total gross yards of both teams (total gross passing + total gross rushing) in the Championship Game in New Orleans. The tiebreaker selections MUST be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and will be subsequently posted prior to kickoff of the Championship Game in New Orleans.
THE PRIZES FOR THIS CONTEST ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1ST PLACE - $1000
2ND PLACE - $300