Shoebox betting system for the NHL during shortened season:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wisconsin5473 View Post
    Here is another take on this B2B trend that I thought about while watching this Wash-Pitt matchup. I wonder if betting the over is a good money making situation as well. The reasoning makes sense. Since I started betting the B2B on Thurs, 8 games, the over came in easily in 5 of the 8, landed on 5 in 2 of them. The only match that was low scoring was the Phx-Dall rematch in the 2nd night, which would have made sense to bet under anyways. I will try to go through all of the games and see where this number stands. Anybody have any thoughts on this?
    Looking forward to it!

Comment

At last, back down to earth as the Capitals and Penguins failed to deliver the goods, so we lose 241 dinero on Super Bowl Sunday.

The System is now 17-9, with a margin of +2135 won versus -1466 lost for +669 credits.

YT is 8-4 with NHL picks this season +735 earned v -476 down the crapper for a +259 credit winnings.

More picks to come!

Comment

Welcome back!

Sorry but I was swamped with work this week and could not post updates, the good news there were only 2 plays this week; the bad news it was a split:

2/5 Toronto went on the road off a game and beat Washington, costing us -155 bones;
        then
        2/7 Buffalo covered against Montreal, cashing us in +100

The System is now 18-10, with a margin of 2235 won versus -1621 lost for +614 credits.

Since I did not make any official selections, YT remains 8-4 with NHL picks this season +735 earned v -476 down the crapper for a +259 credit winnings.

The only plays this weekend are Anaheim @ St. Louis, and on Sunday Edmonton @ Colorado and Tampa Bay @ New Jersey; no money lines have been released yet, so no official feared selections as of this post! Thanks for reading, and God Bless Hockey.

Comment

We will take St. Louis -180 over Anaheim as an official section.

Comment

What a gutsy game by Anaheim tonight. They were cheated on
            a few calls in Dallas last night, so it was a great effort to come
            back tonight. MP let's see how it goes, but I think this system
            really kicks in when we hit March.

Comment

Originally posted by Krichinsky View Post
              What a gutsy game by Anaheim tonight. They were cheated on
              a few calls in Dallas last night, so it was a great effort to come
              back tonight. MP let's see how it goes, but I think this system
              really kicks in when we hit March.
              Bully to the Ducks as they cover and cost us a cool 180 credits:

The System is now 18-11, with a margin of 2235 won versus -1801 lost for +424 credits.

YT is now 8-5 with NHL picks this season +735 earned v -656 down the crapper for a +79 credit winnings. DAMMMN DOG!!!!

Comment

Picking COLUMBUS even money hosting Edmonton
                AND
                NY Rangers -150 v Tampa!

Comment

Ok, MP and All, I went over the whole hockey season earlier this week( did I actually say that). I don't know much about hockey, but I am a numbers and trends guy, so stick with me while I explain all of this. Ok, the trend we have been looking at is away on the 2nd game of back to back. Going into the week it was 16-8. It went 2-1 this week and sits at 17-10. Looking closer at these games, if they away team won the 1st game of the B2B then this bet rises to 9-2, if they lost the first game then it is 8-8, so if you are following this thread and betting it you might want to bet only the 9-2 trend or bet more on those. Now the totals for these games started low scoring, but since Jan 25 the matches have scored more than 5 nine times, went under 5 once and landed on 5 eight times. Does anyone know if it is possible to buy a 1/2 goal for a total in hockey( like I said, don't know much about hockey), but if you can this is a pretty strong trend.
                  If the home team is the team on a B2B they have gone 8-6, so nothing special there, but the total has hit at a 10-4 pace which makes sense because the home team is the tired team.
                  If both teams are on a B2B the over has hit at a 4-1 pace which also makes sense because both defenses are tired. If the home team has been home 2 games in a row they are 2-0, if they are away to home then they are 1-2, so kind of a small sample to look at.
                  Now these are my favorites in almost any sport, the B2B against the same teams. It has happened twice this year. Carolina and Buff where Car won both games and Pho and Dall where they split. I do believe if you bet on the team that lost the first game you would come out a winner on the year. Also, it seems if the first game comes in under, the second comes in over, that is 2-0 so far.
                  So, with all of that said, there are a few plays today. I am betting these, but maybe you can just track them from here and see how they rate.
                  My bets for Sunday:
                  Pitt -165
                  Pitt over 5
                  Nash under
                  Buff under
                  Det under
                  Cls + 105
                  Again, I love trends, but track these trends and make your own choice. I think there is a lot of value in hockey this year as MP has explained. Good Luck everyone

Comment

After rereading my post, our trend was 1-2 this week and the totals I mentioned as 10-4 were on the under.

Comment

Originally posted by wisconsin5473 View Post
                      Ok, MP and All, I went over the whole hockey season earlier this week( did I actually say that). I don't know much about hockey, but I am a numbers and trends guy, so stick with me while I explain all of this. Ok, the trend we have been looking at is away on the 2nd game of back to back. Going into the week it was 16-8. It went 2-1 this week and sits at 17-10. Looking closer at these games, if they away team won the 1st game of the B2B then this bet rises to 9-2, if they lost the first game then it is 8-8, so if you are following this thread and betting it you might want to bet only the 9-2 trend or bet more on those. Now the totals for these games started low scoring, but since Jan 25 the matches have scored more than 5 nine times, went under 5 once and landed on 5 eight times. Does anyone know if it is possible to buy a 1/2 goal for a total in hockey( like I said, don't know much about hockey), but if you can this is a pretty strong trend.
                      If the home team is the team on a B2B they have gone 8-6, so nothing special there, but the total has hit at a 10-4 pace which makes sense because the home team is the tired team.
                      If both teams are on a B2B the over has hit at a 4-1 pace which also makes sense because both defenses are tired. If the home team has been home 2 games in a row they are 2-0, if they are away to home then they are 1-2, so kind of a small sample to look at.
                      Now these are my favorites in almost any sport, the B2B against the same teams. It has happened twice this year. Carolina and Buff where Car won both games and Pho and Dall where they split. I do believe if you bet on the team that lost the first game you would come out a winner on the year. Also, it seems if the first game comes in under, the second comes in over, that is 2-0 so far.
                      So, with all of that said, there are a few plays today. I am betting these, but maybe you can just track them from here and see how they rate.
                      My bets for Sunday:
                      Pitt -165
                      Pitt over 5
                      Nash under
                      Buff under
                      Det under
                      Cls + 105
                      Again, I love trends, but track these trends and make your own choice. I think there is a lot of value in hockey this year as MP has explained. Good Luck everyone
                      Wisky love your research. I am going to have to drill down the money line System because now at 19-12, its in danger of eroding because of the vig. The key is tracking down not only which of those plays saw the B2B team win Game 1, but are there other factors involved.

My suspicion this week is that because there were so much fewer plays, that the schedule may have eased up; in other words, is a B2B easier if it is proceeded by 3-4 days rest? What if I adjusted the system to play on ONLY teams who play a road B2B off a win in Game one, off only 2 days rest?

If it doesn't pan out, lets try one day . . . . the only danger, of course is in the NHL sometimes too much rest equals too much rust.

Comment

I agree MP probably because of light schedule. I still like the under on the home team on B2B. That came in 3-0 yesterday fairly easy and now sits at 13-4. So, I am still taking a smaller wager on Stl today and a bigger one on CLS under.

Comment

Good stuff sorry for missing picks but busy busy busy with other stuff. I know the entire gambling community must be waiting with baited breath for my next hockey selection.

Comment

So, The Kings on a B2B, but off a loss won again. There are 4 teams on a B2B today on the road. Phil, San, Car and Min. Car and Min won, so I placed bets on NJD at -150 and Van at -178. I am almost tempted to bet on the 2 that lost, Phil and San, but will just watch those for now.

Comment

There's another hockey system that worked for many years. I Haven't tracked it for several years. When I had first heard of it, I was naturally very skeptical. But It won for at least 5 years straight from the time I originally heard of it which was probably back in, maybe 2003 or so. I stopped tracking it.

The system was to simply bet against a team coming home from a road trip of 4 games or more.....bet against then their first game back.

Again, no idea how it's done lately, but if any of you numbers and trends guys wants to check........

At the very least, it's probably worth incorporating into your current hockey handicapping..........

Comment

Originally posted by Bettorsworld View Post
                                There's another hockey system that worked for many years. I Haven't tracked it for several years. When I had first heard of it, I was naturally very skeptical. But It won for at least 5 years straight from the time I originally heard of it which was probably back in, maybe 2003 or so. I stopped tracking it.

The system was to simply bet against a team coming home from a road trip of 4 games or more.....bet against then their first game back.

Again, no idea how it's done lately, but if any of you numbers and trends guys wants to check........

At the very least, it's probably worth incorporating into your current hockey handicapping..........
                                Jeff, you are correct about this play.

It happened to the Hawks on Tuesday night, they lost in a shootout to Anaheim.

It is hard to understand why it happens, but even the announcers prior to the game was mentioning this issue.

I have the database on another hard drive. I'll bring it back and post soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X