+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

College Bowl Contest Championship Game Jan.6 Post picks Here

So, the game starts at 8:30pmEST on Monday Night. I know anyone in the running will read this way before then, so picks for this game need to be in by 6:00pmEST or 3:00pm PST. That way if people do choose to email me your picks I can get them posted early enough for people to see. So, since I won't have the standings before tomorrow and I don't want to get this post out late, if you feel you are in the running for one of the top 2 spots you can email me your picks at johnboyurwin54@yahoo.com, before the times stated above.
    This game is worth 3pts. You need to post your pick for the side and the combined total score for both teams. The total will be used as a tiebreaker. So, if 2 people are tied with points, the person closest to the total will win that spot. If 2 people or more choose the same total or are the same distance from the total, then per Rule #876.54 we will use the Scripps Spelling Bee in March as a tiebreaker. Not to be stereotypical, but I will choose the child with the thickest glasses!! Just kidding... They will split the money if still tied. So, good luck everyone and send your picks and hate mail to my email listed above.

Jan.6

Auburn Tigers
    Fla St Seminoles -8 1/2

Auburn+8.5 score----Auburn 28 Fla.St. 21

auburn

Aub +8.5 Aub 35-24

Florida st 34
    Auburn 10

Florida st has what Bama did not this year which is a big physical front and great linebackers. Auburn wins by a quick pace and the inability of other teams to adjust to that pressure. I may not know the rest of the nation but I have a good feel of the SEC. Auburn is clearly the weakest team in the SEC to play for a National Championship from the SEC ever. Won't happen and Seminoles will kick their ass...

FL ST -8.5

FL ST 44
    AUBURN 21

BCS is dead. SEC top two teams get the beat down.

Florida State -8.5

Total Points 65

Fl st-8.5 fsu 45 auburn 27

Aurbun to cover 8.5 by the hook

38 -30

Fla St Seminoles -8 1/2
    45 points

AUBURN

Florida St

Florida State wins 37-31.... Auburn covers the spread.

Florida St -8.5

Fla St 41
    Auburn 28

Seminoles -8.5

61 for tiebreaker tho I'm sure Ark State ruined my chances of placing in Top 2

give me the dog

FLA ST

42-28

Auburn

Guess I screwed the pooch by pre-posting - giving dragon1952 the obvious choice of FSU and 73. And he gets the soft -8.5 line that we posted early instead of today's -10. It's all lined up against me! ;-)

My fault. I didn't think I'd be available to post.

C'mon Auburn! One more miracle! Or a backdoor garbage TD at the end to cover! Or failing that, a high scoring game. I assume dragon1952 went with a total of 73, one under my 74, but maybe he went 75.

At least I'm guaranteed 2nd place. This may just cost me $50.

This is the reverse of the Woodee rule. This could go down as the Widestrides Blunder! I wouldn't change to FSU - don't want to root for the rapist, but I might have changed to a lower total. I just wish dragon1952 would have been forced to think about taking Auburn, not knowing who I had picked.

Of course, if dragon1952 really liked Auburn, he would have to go with them as he will lose 2nd place to one of the others nipping at his heels who will take Auburn and overtake him if Auburn covers. Tough choice actually, but FSU seems to be the choice based on line movement. Of course, line movement went big for Alabama and the KC Chiefs, and Stanford and Baylor and look what happened there.

GLTA!

auburn + 8.5
    total 77

Quote Originally Posted by widestrides View Post
    Guess I screwed the pooch by pre-posting - giving dragon1952 the obvious choice of FSU and 73. And he gets the soft -8.5 line that we posted early instead of today's -10. It's all lined up against me! ;-)

My fault. I didn't think I'd be available to post.

C'mon Auburn! One more miracle! Or a backdoor garbage TD at the end to cover! Or failing that, a high scoring game. I assume dragon1952 went with a total of 73, one under my 74, but maybe he went 75.

At least I'm guaranteed 2nd place. This may just cost me $50.

This is the reverse of the Woodee rule. This could go down as the Widestrides Blunder! I wouldn't change to FSU - don't want to root for the rapist, but I might have changed to a lower total. I just wish dragon1952 would have been forced to think about taking Auburn, not knowing who I had picked.

Of course, if dragon1952 really liked Auburn, he would have to go with them as he will lose 2nd place to one of the others nipping at his heels who will take Auburn and overtake him if Auburn covers. Tough choice actually, but FSU seems to be the choice based on line movement. Of course, line movement went big for Alabama and the KC Chiefs, and Stanford and Baylor and look what happened there.

GLTA!
    To be perfectly honest I didn't do the computations before I picked so I had no idea where I stood, nor did I look at anyone else's picks to determine which way I was going. All I knew is that I had to be pretty close the the top, but then again Ball St lost after I posted so I was sure until today. Hope that makes you feel better :^ )

OMG....I just looked at my picks and I evidently picked Ark St. I would have sworn I picked Ball St. I even bet on them last night. What a dumb ass. Oh well, the game didn't go over so I would have lost anyway.

e-mail sent...

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1952 View Post
    To be perfectly honest I didn't do the computations before I picked so I had no idea where I stood, nor did I look at anyone else's picks to determine which way I was going. All I knew is that I had to be pretty close the the top, but then again Ball St lost after I posted so I was sure until today. Hope that makes you feel better :^ )
    Ha! I knew you had Arky State!

Well, either way you picked there was going to be somebody behind you who could beat you for second place, so you just had to pick who you think would cover. The -8.5 line sorta increased the % towards FSU, but is that smart money or square money moving that line?

Will be interesting to see your pick and total.

GL!

Just waiting on MonroeEaford and Bama25's picks.