Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Mock Hilton Contest"........Week #16.........Post Your 5 Picks Here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by collywobbles View Post
    I propose that "The Boys" is actually to be commended here, a lot really. I think he chose to NOT include on his sheet a winner he had from the pre-sunday games. Choosing instead to replace that with a Sunday pick. This post not to disagree with you but to point out what is a really remarkable move for the sake of the competition.
    Not sure what you mean. How do you know he had a winner from a pre-Sunday game that he didn't post after midnight Saturday along with the emailed picks? Or were you just making a joke?

Comment

Originally posted by widestrides View Post
      Don't want to make a big deal out of this, but just to be kosher, shouldn't these be posted at 12:01, not 12:19? And The Boys should post his by Midnight since he is in contention. In fact, since The Boys is in contention, wouldn't it make sense to send the private picks to Jeff? Just sayin.' Not suggesting anything. But for appearance sake.
      #8 Tie Breaker Rule: In the final two weeks of the Mock Hilton contest (weeks 16 & 17) the top 5 contenders must email their picks to [email protected] Picks will be posted after the Saturday 12:00 o'clock deadline. If a tie still exists after week 17 we will take it into the NFL Playoffs.

The rule states I will post the tie breaker picks after the 12 o'clock deadline. It doesn't state 12:01. My question would be why didn't all the top 5 contenders email me their picks?

Comment

Not sure what you mean. How do you know he had a winner from a pre-Sunday game that he didn't post after midnight Saturday along with the emailed picks? Or were you just making a joke?
        Latter part of this season I've watched what those near or ahead of me take, to factor in to what I take. Just based on things I've seen in those above me's picks I expected Boys to be on one of the teams that covered amidst the 3 games before Sunday. I said "I think" he didn't include that pick out of Fair Play, I could be wrong maybe he wasn't ever gonna use it as a contest play. It just seemed a stronger play to me than one he did take so thats why I was fairly sure he left it off to avoid as you refer to: bad appearance, controversy. Just my opinion though.

Comment

This contest is pretty straight forward. Why an intellectual paragraph about it??

I see no issue here.

Thanks for the posts but sometimes reading your thoughts exaust me! Ha! There are only 2 sides not 7.

Comment

The Boys isn't doing anything to screw anybody over. He is being fair and picking his games the same way he has for numerous weeks. If he changes something, its still his choice and pick. Get over it.

Comment

Don't want to make a big deal out of this, but just to be kosher, shouldn't these be posted at 12:01, not 12:19? And The Boys should post his by Midnight since he is in contention. In fact, since The Boys is in contention, wouldn't it make sense to send the private picks to Jeff? Just sayin.' Not suggesting anything. But for appearance sake.
              I think if you have a problem with this you should talk directly to Jeff. The contest has be run according to the rules.

Comment

The Boys went 2-3. See my point? Picks are yours when you post them. Doesn't make a damn where they come from and he didn't copy someone in the contest for an advantage. If he does that, I will know it and point it out. The people really paying close attention know what is going on. I know I do, and he has NOT done anything wrong...................................

Comment

Leave him alone.

Comment

Bama (and possibly Woodee) seem to think I was criticizing The Boys.

The opposite of that in fact. He could have used a Thursday or Saturday game but chose not to either as a move of sportsmanship that was incredible, something you don't see much nowadays or he didn't think the play strong enough to add to his card.

I was applauding the dude and wouldn't have even brought it up at all had The Boys act of Fair Play not related as it did to WideStrides post which mentioned those very things in relation to this contest & posting of emailed picks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bama25 View Post
                      he didn't copy someone in the contest for an advantage. If he does that, I will know it and point it out. The people really paying close attention know what is going on. I know I do, and he has NOT done anything wrong...................................
                      No one has suggested he did. Nowhere in this exchange, which began with a response to Widestrides in which I proposed The Boys be given credit for Fair Play was there ever even anything close to talk of what you're posting about.

I merely suggested that The Boys did not pastpost a Winner that he HAD because he chose not to pastpost a W out of respect to the contest, his running of it and Great Sportsmanship.

I don't know where you saw talk, or even suggestion of Boys "copying" anywhere here Bama. Were he not runnin' the show here and an exemplary Sportsman commuted to Fair Play he emails his picks to whoever is and hes at 50.5 right now and leading the show instead of 49.5 (thanks to Buffalo) having to make up a game in the last week.

Comment

I was just pointing out that The Boys had until 12:19 AM to make his picks. That's a fact. No one can prove he made his picks before then. And he had the opportunity to see everyone's private email picks before he made his. Maybe you think that's not a great advantage, but it could be, and one that should just not be there. That's a no-brainer.

winandwin was in first place, aakj was in second place and The Boys was in third place and The Boys was able to see winandwin's and aakj's picks and the picks of those right behind him in the standings before he made his. That's a fact.

In any business or legal setting, even just for the sake of appearance, a person with a stake in the outcome would never be in a position of advantage, no matter how slight. That's called conflict of interest. The emails with private picks should go to someone other than someone in contention. That's a no-brainer.

I'm not accusing The Boys of anything other than an error in judgment. He's a straight shooter and has been around here a long time. I'm just saying that because he was in contention, he should have had the emails go to Jeff and he should have emailed his picks to Jeff or posted before midnight just to avoid ANY appearance of impropriety. That's a no-brainer and if you guys don't see that, you are not thinking clearly. Unless [email protected] is Jeff's email and not The Boys' in which case *I* am not thinking clearly!

Comment

he emails his picks to whoever
                          That's the point you're missing colly. The Boys is the one that gets the emails.

Comment

I hope that people can realize that WideStrides is not trying to cause trouble here and not being unreasonable in pointing out what he has and also that, as he said, he's not accusing Boys of anything but simply presenting a valid reality. Best example is, showrunner is .5 under 1st place and an entry pops into his inbox identical to his 5 plays. How could you even expect a guy not to navigate around that? He'd have to be a damn fool not to, or a Saint. Boys might BE just such a saint though, really, cuz taking STL & BUF and duplicating the 2 entrants above him thus sacrificing a chance to gain ground on them in those spots suggests he's goin' above and BEYOND in playing this out in a saint-like fashion.

aakj picks were posted in the thread also, days earlier prior to JAX Thursday Night game.

Comment

That's the point you're missing colly. The Boys is the one that gets the emails.
                              Not missing it at all WS, I get that. I was saying that if he WASN'T the showrunner, he's at 50.5 wins right now cuz he'd have been able to email his picks in and included that pick of his from among them first 3 games...."if there was such a pick".

Trust my instincts here WS, the guy did something extraordinary, denied himself a winner to avoid pastposting controversy, and to accomplish fair Play then cuz "no good deed goes unpunished" that spot that winner would have been in became the BUF loser so instead of leading at 50.5 he's at 49.5 down .5 game to either 3 (three) guys if Denver covers or just 1 (one) if somehow Andy Dalton manages to avoid going 2-7 ATS in PrimeTime games tonite.

Friggin "Z-MAN" plows in with a week 16 5-0 if DEN covers, outta friggin nowhere, to get up in that 3-way tie at 50 what the hell is this guy thinking?!?

Comment

Not missing it at all WS, I get that. I was saying that if he WASN'T the showrunner, he's at 50.5 wins right now cuz he'd have been able to email his picks in and included that pick of his from among them first 3 games...."if there was such a pick".
                                "if there was such a pick." Colly, you are assuming through some logic or guessing that he wanted to pick Jax, Washington or SD and that he denied himself the opportunity to do that because he was the "showrunner?" If he wanted one or any of those early teams, he could have just posted before the Thursday or Saturday deadlines or emailed them to Jeff if he wanted to keep the other ones secret.

Comment

Working...
                                X