+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MOCK HILTON CONTEST--ARE YOU IN THIS YEAR?

Please sign up here if you are interested in doing a Mock Hilton contest this year here in the forum.

I will run it if we can get enough guys.

$50 per entry.

Max. 2 entries per person.

Pay pal or check/money order payment. (I will hold money if you guys are good with that?)

payouts TBD

If we get enough in, I would like to do a small "mini-contest for the last 4 weeks for those out of the running. Maybe just $50 'win your entry fee back' type of thing for those who are out of the stadings late. I know they do this on the real contest.

Please state if you would like to be in and we can get a a head count.

I see a few in the other thread already but please make a note here too please so I can get an accurate count.

Thanks.

(If I do this one and we still have a NFL GOW contest, can someone please run that? I did it last year, but this will be extra and would rather concentrate on it and keep it very up to date for all)

In

IN

in

from other Thread--

XBIGPAPPA
    THE GUESSER
    WIDESTIRDES
    WOODEE12

I'm in.

I'm in. NFL not my thing, but what the heck.

I am in

I'm in.

In

Is Jeff in? Should we check with him and make sure there's no reason he wouldn't want to do it?

I just emailed Jeff to see what he thinks.

Jeff was quick to reply.

He said he is A O K with us running it and handling the funds, and that he'd do his best to promote it if we do it.

Since the Hilton is no longer involved with it, and it is now widely known as "The Supercontest," maybe we should call it "The Mock SuperContest."

I'm in. Thanks for bringing it back.

In for 2 entries. Echo the thanks for bringing it back!

Here is the post with the last Rules we had. Any proposed changes?
    http://www.bettorsworld.com/web/foru...ht=mock+hilton

Deadline? It has been Saturday at Midnight eastern time. Some west coasters complain that that hurts them. We could consider Sunday at 3 AM eastern time.

How many entries allowed? It was unlimited last time. Fine with me unless we want to avoid some syndicate coming in and trying to dominate. Maybe make it 4?

I have been told by both Corn Picker and Joliet Jake that they will also be joining the contest

in

I will get this moving and more organized more next week.

Please keep noting interest and intention to play in this thread.

A couple thoughts so far...

I agree we should re-name it too...Mock Super Contest sounds good.

I don't like the 4 entry thing...I think 2 is plenty as its a community contest and I don't think we really need people entering 4 times with only so many sides to pick from each week.

If we really want to make the pot larger, we can move the entry up to $75-$100 per entry.

I don't mind moving the picking deadline back an hour but that is the limit. I want to model the real contest as much as possible and those guys all have a deadline to follow and follow it or they are graded 0-5. Lines are posted on Wednesdays so that gives you plenty of time to pick.

I asked Jeff to send an email out to all users with a link to this thread. We'll see if he's comfortable with that, or at least to those who have played in the Contest in the past. I might try to post a link to this thread in an old Mock Hilton interest level thread where almost every past player has posted and see if that automatically sends an email notification out to a lot of the players.

I'm in

I'm in thx for contest time and energy

Woodee

I would like to see the $50 mark per entry remain the same. Perhaps limit the number of entries allowed per player to 3 entries.

$50 per pool is a perfect strike point for this contest. Assembling and old contest from dust does not require raising the entry fee to $75 or $ 100 per entry.

Just kicking tires my old friend - Your Thoughts ?

Quote Originally Posted by Carpet View Post
    Woodee

I would like to see the $50 mark per entry remain the same. Perhaps limit the number of entries allowed per player to 3 entries.

$50 per pool is a perfect strike point for this contest. Assembling and old contest from dust does not require raising the entry fee to $75 or $ 100 per entry.

Just kicking tires my old friend - Your Thoughts ?
    Totally agree with both points.