Good News Sportsbettors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good News Sportsbettors

Yesterday, I had a very enjoyable time on the phone with Peter at Gambler's Book Club in Las Vegas. Peter is currently writing a monstrous 3-volume tome on sportsbetting, naturally concentrating on its history and evolution in Vegas.

He interviewed me, as he has over 80 current and former sportsbettors and BMs. He has already interviewed plenty of big-name
    Vegas figures--Scottie Shettler, Chuck Sharp, Herbie Hoops, Sam Brown,and Marty the Jew, to name just a few. By the way, Sam Brown, although 90, is still playing. Marty the Jew, 75, is unfortunately dying from cancer.

The books should be available in 6 months to a year. Peter has already written over 2,000 pages. He told me that when Bill Dark, who had been the owner of the old Del Mar died, he realized he better write the books before all of the old guys started dying. Otherwise, an entire fascinating and unprecedented era in sportsbetting history would pass by the wayside unchronicled.

I can hardly wait to read what he writes. He is a very nice, sharp, and articulate guy, perfect for the job.

If any of you feel that you have something interesting to add to the history of Vegas sportsbetting, then by all means give Peter a call at Gambler's Book Club in Vegas.

I met with Peter a few weeks ago and must second Reno's view of the need for a written record of the biz. As Peter has been around for the last 20 yrs (at least), glad to see he is nearing completion on this tome.

I'll be one of the first to buy it.

AE

Comment

Ever since I heard about this book last summer, I have been eagerly awaiting it's completion.

Can't come soon enough.
      yes

Comment

Working...
      X