Why can't I win at WSEX??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can't I win at WSEX??

It's amazing. WSEX is my favorite book. I rave about it to other people. But for the last year, week in and week out, I can't win there. No matter how good a week I have, any losing bets will invariably be placed at WSEX. All I do is withdraw from Millennium, win at Big Book, do fine at SIA, Easybets and ABC Islands, win my butt off at BetatWallstreet.com, hold my own at Sportfanatik, etc., etc. BUT I CAN'T WIN AT WSEX. All I do is send them money. All in all, I'm up a bit for the Football season, but WSEX is killing me. Is it a Jinx? When I see the best line on a game I'm interested in at WSEX, should I just pass that game, or go the other way? If WSEX is the other side of a middle I'm going for, should I just sit with my bet at the other place? Anyone else who shops for lines have similar stories of a Book they just can't win at, no matter what?

Hey man that's pretty funny. Just keep plcung your winning bets at your other outs, it's just a matter of time till your WSEX bets catch up! Good luck!

Comment

typo...

PLACING your winning bets

Comment

I'm in the same boat. I think it's mainly because there are so many different bet options available that you get tempted with some higher odds/lower probability bets including the interactives.

Comment

I have the same phenomenon at ITOPS, I like them but I just can't seem to win there. It is the only out I have that I have never been able to request a payout from that I have been using for more than 2 months. I have been tempted to bet min on the other side there just to guarantee a winning week everywhere else. I think its just coincidence, but it does seem pretty uncanny at times.

Comment

Ditto for me with GILBRALTER. Could it be sharp lines?

Comment

There are some shops you just don't feel comfortable with. Small things like, web site designs (doesn't suit your taste ), clerks who are not as friendly as the "other ones", lines who differ a bit from others, etc. And I totally agreed that there are soume outs I tried with that I just couldn't win.

Comment

like most gamblers i am superstitious. the book i couldnt beat was Margarita. steve had sharp lines but it was what happened during the games that killed me...turnovers,bad calls,last second 3 pointers,etc...i believe that there are some books u just cant beat. i have left them for and only for that reason. good luck to all. bighands.

Comment

I don't see how it could be sharp lines, since the only reason I played them was because they had the best lines available for those games/plays.

Udog, I agree with you on some sites/books not being comfortable, I just stop playing there. I stopped playing with betmaker when they changed the odds on parlays and re-designed their site. But I don't have a problem with ITOPS layout, I think it is just bad luck. On the other hand, I seem to win an inordinate number of plays at island, so it balances out!

I have been waiting for ITOPS to fix an incorrectly graded 3-team parlay for more than a week now, that kinda sucks. It is a very small bet, and it should take them 2 seconds to fix it, they have it graded as 2 wins an a refund/no action, but they haven't credited me with the adjusted 2 team money. They emailed me last Friday saying they are looking into it - how friggin long does it take to correct one measely little parlay bet?

Comment

Guesser,

I have the *EXACT* same problem as you do at WSEX, for every 5 bets I win at SIA, I win 1 at WSEX, and here IMO is why.
                    They are right on top of what's going on in the sports world and take the lines OTB once there is any question on a player, SIA does not. Example: For 24 hours SIA had Miami Hurricanes +17 even though Warrick had just been arrested, I jumped all over that at SIA, WSEX took it OTB immediatly. Also they(SIA) had the O/U in the Minny/Chic game at 42.5 where every other book had it at 44.5. I jumped all over the over in that as well.
                    You just have to take advantage of the weak lines at other books and this is tough to do at WSEX, they run a tight ship and IMO every half a point counts. But it is funny you bring this up,I was just telling a friend on Monday that I won't take the Sox at WSEX becuase that would probably result in a loss, so I took them at SIA and they WON But I did take the Jags at WSEX and won, but I don't win many at WSEX, hopefully that will change.

Comment

Guesser,

Just to add to my previous post, WSEX also closes there lines over night and alot of other books don't, so WSEX never ever let's the player get an advantage on them, how many times do you hear late at night a player getting arrested for something or an injury and might not play that weekend? So you might jump all over the team there playing because the line has not been adjusted accordingly yet, well it doesn't happen at WSEX=advatage them. If I ran a book I'd do the same thing or I'd have a staff there 24hours to adjust the line if needed or take it OTB.

Comment

Working...
                      X