No announcement yet.

I LOVE BOWMANS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You make a good point blackcat. I don't believe for a second that the call takers are responsible for line movements

The only real problem I ever had with lines at Bowman's was with golf bets. They revise the lines after the 2nd and 3rd rounds but they do so very late and it's usually impossible to get them before I go to sleep. And of course they close the lines at around 8 a.m. ET so I'm usually S.O.L.

I can honestly say that on the main sports, however, I've never had a problem. I have a feeling the online system will solve a lot of the issues though especially for lines like golf, auto racing and various futures bets, provided that they are dilligent updating the bets online.

Time will tell .

[This message has been edited by Hartley (edited 11-05-1999).]

Comment

Sorry but it seems like we have to relocate to this thread instead. Unfortunately the title of this one isn't quite like what we've been informing about lately...

Brian, what do you mean by "in all fairness the topic area should not reflect a single opinion."

Why is that a reason to close a thread, and more importantly, to change it's name? Is it because nobody's defending this book's standpoint?

Comment

I think it's good enough you have raise the issue. I know they do review the larger bets on a fairly regular basis. I do have reason to think they have the ability to "flag" accounts in certain ways. I just never had the line change or reject on me in these situations.

I don't doubt these claims for a second, although I do doubt that it applies to most people. Someone who lays a $1,000 and wins for almost 2 weeks in a row on the same prop is likely to receive "special" treatment.

Have to point it out: despite claims in this thread, the web can do the EXACT same. Although doing the line bait-and-switch would be somewhat difficult, reviewing and rejecting wagers is still very easy to do.

Comment

I have bashed my fair share of books on this forum. However, I have not, over the past year had any problem with Bowmans ever changing a number on me, or rejecting a bet. Although I am nickel/dime bettor I rarely play steam games - perhaps because I find my own plays and don't play steam games is why I have never had a problem.
          In any event, Bowmans is one of my favorite books - although like everyone else I wish they would go online!

Comment

let's add another pathetic experience with these guys today. Four minutes to post time in the Breeders Cup Distaff, ask for a bet on a matchup, "I'm sorry the limit there is .... or at least I think it is, hang on I'll check", so I get stuck listening to Mauritian local radio for two minutes. Then "you can bet .....". "Fine, I'll take that thanks" "I'll just get that approved, sir" He has just found out what the limit was, why should authorization be needed? Waiting, waiting, waiting, "Be with you in a second sir" and whaddyaknow the race had almost finished before he came back to me.

This is a bet to win $500, if you need confirmation from 'The Big Chief' for this, then you lag a LONG way behind the pack.

LIFT YOUR GAME, you offer the product Bowmans, how about servicing the clients???

Comment

credit to them, they did improve throughout the day....

Comment

-
                Last edited by Don Best; 04-30-2002, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Don Best,

I hope your right!

Comment

Working...
                  X