RESERVING THE RIGHT TO STIFF CLIENTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RESERVING THE RIGHT TO STIFF CLIENTS

I am learning more and more about the many offshore books out their. Something new I have come across blows my mind. I want every
    person out there that ever makes a bet to be aware of this. I have heard of books that have by laws and rules claiming they reserve the right not to take bets or make payouts to syndicates or professional gamblers,or what not. WHAT THE HELL IS THIS. I for one gamble in many books. I am asking for help here. I would like a list of books that have this incredibly ridiculous rules , so I make sure never , ever, ever, to send them money. To the reader that doesnt really understand this what it means is the book reserves the right NOT TO PAY THE CLIENT. Thats it plain and simple. If I win to much or you win to much maybe they wont pay us becasue we are a syndicate or pro. I cant believe this exists
    I am not trying to promote skybook at all. We of course have no such ridiculous rules. Anybody in the world is free to bet here and will get paid everypenny. Pro, sydicateplayer,whoever. You win we pay. Now to prove its not a promote Skybook Thread I will say their are a ton of other top books that feel the same way we do. All i want to do is expose any book that has the balls to make rules saying they decide whos bets they want and who they will pay. Lets expose them please. I need help. So please respond with the names of books who claim they reserve the right to decide whos bets they want and who they will pay.
    Thanks a lot everybody
    Steve

I'll start off by listing TWO that I know of.

1)INTERTOPS

2)NASA INTL

THE SHRINK

Comment

Shrink
      Just got back to the office.
      Thanks for those 2. Now we need help from other readers to expose more so we as bettors can all be protected from them
      Thanks Steve

Comment

It is the most ridiculous rule in the entire world. Your basically saying "we dont know how to run lines, so if you beat us, take a hike and leave our baby book."

Only two of the more well known names use it and they only use it online which leads me to believe that their software isn't built to catch people from kicking their ass before it happens.

It's a very unprofessional way to book and I guarantee you that You will never see william hill, VC, Ladbrokes or Coral implement such a rule with their online systems in the coming months. I mention those names because they are the most reputable books in the most reputable jurisdiction in the world.

Intertops and Nasa...and i think just about every poster on this forum has bitched about it at one time or another.

Comment

I wasn't aware that Intertops had this rule, and it really changes my opinion of them if...

Do these books say that they have the right to not TAKE any bet they wish, or are they saying that they have the right to not PAY any bet they wish? Because this is a big difference.

In my view, any book has the right to say, "Sorry, but we ain't gonna take that bet." It's bad for business, but they can do it if they want. It's the same as if a store owner kicks a potential customer out of the store. If you don't want somebody's business, then that's your right.

However, there's never an instance in which it's alright to not PAY a bet which was already accepted. That's wrong and unacceptable.

So, I'd like to know exactly what are these places accused of doing before I release my esteemed and eagerly-awaited opinion.

- Lou

p.s. - While this is off topic, I can't help but notice the Shrink's posting. It's good to see that we all can get along again. Let's hope it lasts.

Comment

Lou,
            NASA reserves the right to NOT PAY winning wagers if they deem the action to wiseguy action AFTER they have taken the bets. I know it's hard to believe, but it's true

Comment

Lou Covers Com
              I think you are correct .Taking the bet and not paying is worse then saying we dont want the bet. I and i think many others will agree though that we dont want the bet is horse**** as well. Why put up the line if you dont want the bet. Anyone should be able to make the bet if the line is up their for others.
              Steve

Comment

actually, the English high street bookmakers are an interesting situation, as apparently bets there are not enforceable/recoverable legally so it could happen

and I have certainly read about situations where if you keep winning, they will stop/reduce your bets

Comment

Playersonly
                  Thanks for the support. I knew I was putting my neck on the line with this forum but I feel it neccessary. So support from other books is great. I never want to go and say anything negative about another book unless i feel i have no choice. To me not paying a client his winnings forces me to do so. I have been told here in this forum that Nassau
                  does that although i dont know that for a fact. I do however know for a fact that Intertops stiffed a good friend of mine over 60k about 18 months ago. This to me a a bettor is unexceptable. Lets all here any other books practicing these rules.
                  Steve

Comment

Playersonly
                    I believe he evened worked at your book at the time. He was at one of the books here on Margarita Island with your book And ours. I dont remember which one. It was a while ago like i said. It was the same crap excuse though . You are a pro or a syndicate and we arent paying
                    Steve

Comment

AV, English high-street books not paying??? Whoa, the biggest books worldwide not paying up?? It's English books that actually PAY even with you happen to place a bet on a game that has alread started, or even ended. Once they accept the wager, they pay. No matter what...

Unless you mean the independant one-man bookies... But even they have to have sufficient funds, as well as a license which any single bettor can prevent from being renewed.

Comment

This is a ludicrous practice! Basically these books are in a win-win situation. If the steam goes down they keep your money and if it wins they label it wiseguy action and don't pay? When's NASA going to own up to all the bad p.r. that is written about them in this forum? I'm sick and tired about reading how they are #1 and all the flyers that they fill my mailbox with.

Comment

I don't play at NASA and never will. I did notice that they have removed the disclaimer from their rules. Does this mean that ALL winners get paid? Anyone know if they settled with the player(s) that beat them earlier this year.

Comment

Working...
                          X