Rant to the BIG BOOK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rant to the BIG BOOK

I admit I gave the free $20 thing a whirl...

Wasn't impressed with them at all.

I got a ton of e-mails from them after that and still get them.

I looked at one today that I found funny.

Dear Big Book member,

Because of the incredible popularity of both NFL and College
    football, we are implementing an increase on the minimum bet
    allowed to $20 - game day ONLY. This is effective immediately.

Note: This new minimum is for football ONLY. You can still bet
    $1 on NFL and College football on non-game days.

ALL other sports still have the $1 minimum bet, 24hrs a day,
    seven days a week.

In the meantime, we will be re-configuring our system to help
    increase the volume of bets we will be able to take. We will notify
    you when this happens.

Once again, ALL football games now have a new $20 minimum
    Internet bet on game day - ONLY. ALL other sports still have the
    $1 minimum bet all week.

Regards,

Julia Marsden
    The Big Book
    http://www.thebigbook.com

To me that is a riot, I bet over $20 anyway so it is no big deal to me. I bet there is a lot of people with them that bet $5-$10 game and that the majority of their customers are made up of this.

Thus to increase what small handle they must have, they boost up minimum for those that bet small, and or force them to bet earlier in week so they can lay off what they don't want......

Am I off base here or no........ any thoughts

I am soooooo glad I never sent them any money....

I think they were getting nickeled and dimed at crunch time and had to do something.

Comment

At least there is a name of a human being behind this book. Now you can inquire from Ms. Madsen as to just what's going on with their parent company, which has been delisted from the OTC.

Comment

Totally agree with you freak. I was with TheBigBook for about 6 months and had nothing but trouble. I am not a high roller, but like to place a few wagers to make things interesting. The reason I left was not the $20 min on gameday, but the fact that it takes 20 minutes to place a bet on the internet. What a joke. Nice post.

doedz

Comment

Hey Freak I totally agree with you. Either they need some action from their low number of clients or they are so pathetic they are not able to handle they small amount of clients they have. They keep saying they are going to improve their capability, well they said the same thing last football season and they either dont have the cash to improve (after 1 year since last football season)or it's just their football scam. Another thing, have you actually talked to girl that sent you the email cause I can just put any name on any email but does that mean that person really exists? Again, all evidence go against them so why bet their?

The Phantom

Comment

Well I had problems with Big Book also and posted earlier about them, but I will say that after reading all the negative comments about this place here I requested a withdrawal from the place that works with them Ebanx and got money promptly refunded to my CC. That made me feel a little better, though I was charged a $5 handling fee which I don't recall seeing in the Ebanx FAQ. But I won't complain as the service was good. I will therefore stay with them awhile for small wagers only as their lines can be good sometimes. Regards

Comment

No i never called the Julie Marsden, i have no reason to.

I tried the $20 thing to help a buddy get a referral bonus. Other than that, facts stated here are correct.

Very slow load time for wager, I remember because I bet some basket game real late ad couldn't fathom all kinds of action on this game at the same time.

I figured they couldn't perform then, how in the world 1245 game day....

Glad to see you got your money, couldve been worse.... $ 5 was insurance I would chalk that up to.

Sting who is parent company, is it the one we talked about earlier ???

Comment

Working...
              X