Question for Don Best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Don Best

I really admire your company, I love sports betting and I consider you to be a staple of today's game. Please could you explain the advantage of your screen to the smaller internet bettor. With alot of the offshore books having their live odds posted on the internet, how would your screen be of use. For me the $500 price tag is just under 2 units of play for me, I don't follow steam and I usually have 4-5 outs, all which post their lines on their website. Like I said really resect what you guys have done for this industry and I am not trying to knock you, in fact the opposite, I just want to know if your screen would be a good idea for a player like me. Thanks.

mr green,

You should check out the java version of Island Express, for only 99 it is a great bargin.

Comment

-
      Last edited by Don Best; 04-30-2002, 04:45 PM.

Comment

-
        Last edited by Don Best; 04-30-2002, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the quick response and the free trial, I'll get in touch with you after the BB allstar break, thanks.

Comment

Dana, I am really looking forward to your upgrades to the Island Express. It is probably too much wishing to have 50 books on a live feed (and too expensive, anyway). I'd be satisfied with a 1-2 minute delay. But I'd really like to see the whole industry get onboard with odds feed.

It is really time-consuming to check various books' online odds and compare, the way things are currently. And these books are paying a lot of bandwidth to ship lines to each individual player, when they could be just feeding it once to you.

Comment

-
              Last edited by Don Best; 04-30-2002, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Dana-

If in the near future you plan on offering 50 live lines on Island Express (your $99 a month service) what types of changes would be made to your $500 a month service which currently has only 24 live lines. IMO for a $400 a month difference in cost their needs to be something differentiating your cheap service from your premium service. It sounds like the cheap service is becoming more like the premium service.

Comment

Working...
                X