Why take The Road Less Traveled!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why take The Road Less Traveled!

It absolutely amazes me the group of guys on this site crying and complaining that they have not been paid by particular books....Hello! It's your own fault! There are over 25 books that Bettorsworld supports! If you can not find enough "outs" here.....then you do not need to be betting. I mean why go and take a chance with all of these fancy so-called promotions which seem to good to be true! Because if it seems to good to be true! Then it probably is!! I guess you just have to find out for yourself......you have to realize there are no regulations in this industry and some of these fly by night operations just don't give a ratz azz!
    So my advice to all of you and you know who you are.........just quit trying to pinch penny's and post up with an operation that is well known and respected........hey why take the road less traveled?

What you say in your post has been said many many times here. What I find interesting about it is that it is very similar to the way I used to feel. As I have learned more, with the help of many people on this site, my views have become a bit more understanding. Sure some people who take reckless chances with choosing their outs probably have it coming, but I think I know who you were referring to in your post, and that's rather harsh. I'm sure you realize that getting that extra half point here and there does make a very big difference to the bottom line. Sometimes in search of that and every other edge possible people take calculated risks. To sum up I would say that your first post seemed a bit intolerant, which reminded me of my first few posts. Hopefully over time you will fully see what I mean.

Comment

Jakester,

Cut some people some slack. Not everyone is a big gambler, not everyone is aware of bettorsworld, and some people are just naive or too trusting. Are you saying that all those people who were naive/dumb enough to get sucked into promos that were too good to be true shouldn't expect any sympathy?

Action sports offered 5% juice, which was quite appealing to me, but I decided to take a pass on them because I had some doubts. Boomer seems to be getting a lot of sympathy here for not getting paid by these guys. According to your beliefs, I guess he shouldn't get any because he didn't use the reputable books on this site. Besides, if these "crybabies" didn't come here to tell of their misfortune, then some of these "other books" would never get exposed.

Get that chip off your shoulder. Try admitting that you bet on bad lines, which I believe the majority of people here do, yet only a handful of people will admit to doing it. The reason? They don't want to be called crooks and thieves by some people here who feel it is their duty to police our morality. There are too many people here that are too quick and too critical in their rush to judgement.

Comment

Jakester...

I assume you are referring to me.

This may surprise you but I agree with 99% of everything you said.

The 1% you have wrong is that I am not "crying" or "complaining." For reasons which I won't share here and come under the heading "trade secrets" I went into ALOT of books last year. Ones any sane person wouldn't have ventured into for reasons known only to me.

I had a very successful year and the "cost of doing business" was that two books wound up not paying me and I am sharing that info with the world, so that they cannot do the same to other unsuspecting people.

I take full responsibility for going into these shaky books and out of the hundred of so I've been in, these are two that screwed me.

No crybaby here, just someone who wants to prevent someone else from getting burnt.

Comment

jake, there's no doubt that most of us agree that sending money to a book that's not on the "List" is risky. Sometimes that risk may be worth it, sometimes not. And when we're burned for doing so, of course there's less room to "cry". But players are duty-bound to tell the world, so others aren't duped.

Comment

BigMoney,

Just because it is not on this list does not mean it is not trustworthy

however, 'never heard of and on some small island somewhere in Americas region' and not on the list, is a tad worse...

i.e. Interwetten, National Sportsbet, some English and others are not listed here - would you ever be worried about them? Nope.

Comment

AV, no doubt you're familiar with some that are not in the "mainstream" here yet are solid. Just for curiosity, could you post web addresses of those you feel are solid but not on the list?

Comment

sure, not always of use for the American variety perhaps, but I can give it a shot a little later

Comment

AV, I suppose I'm really only interested in those that accept wagers from U.S. citizens on American sports. Thanks.

Comment

Big Money......

You might want to check out the list of European bookmakers that we put together. So many of them, as Aussie and Cons could tell you, are solid as a rock. The main reason they aren't included on the list and elsewhere, is that so many of them don't cater to Americans at all, yet American action is still welcome.
                    http://www.bettorsworld.com/oddswiz/eurobooks.html

Often times, their prices are high and outrageous, but there's still deals to be found.

Another place you might be interested in is http://www.bet-ex.com

This place works as a broker. You are allowed to put the games you want at the price you want on their board, t osee if there's any takers. They've been around a while, and again, there's opportunity there.

Comment

Can highly recommend Bet-Ex. Have not risen to the level of one of their clients yet due to minimum limits, but know of some who use them, and an ex-colleague that now works there.

They're part of SSP, one of the biggest Euro books around.

Another detailed list can be found at www.betting-ring.com

Comment

I just took a look at the link Jeff posted.

My first thought was "the U.S. government is even more out of touch than I thought." How can they even consider the notion that they can regulate these books?

Complete insanity.

Comment

Jeff- great list! And special thanks for including the URLs.

Comment

Alex,

Obviously, they can't.......

Comment

Big Money -

Jeff's Euro Nambling List

and the Betting Ring which Boris posted - which will give you Australian/New Zealand ones - some of which won't take Americans -

should just about do it

Comment

Working...
                              X