Re: Sting Article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sting Article

It has come to our attention that an article, written by Sting, alleges that our company is in financial trouble. With nothing more than half-truths to support this claim, we are forced to respond, as reputation in this industry is everything. Before this incident, we believed Sting was a credible industry source, and it is sad to have to respond in this fashion, but his lack of resolve for exploring all sides of this situation makes us wonder if he might have a “hidden interest”. THERE ARE TWO SIDES TO MOST STORIES. In our opinion, a true reporter should at least approach all parties and obtain substantiation before publishing such an article.

In so far as his claims with our phone bills, the only truth is that we have had a disagreement with our service provider for legitimate credits due to us for one reason or another. The most important being credits for the use of OUR EARTH STATION by other businesses in our building. The earth station is the satellite dish that brings in the calls. We were the first major book to come to Margarita Island and most other books have benefited in one way or another by our experiences. We spent over $200,000 bringing and installing this dish here. We own this Satellite Dish outright and feel very strongly our telephone service provider should pay us for its use by other enterprises. As many in this industry can attest, this company has rock solid ownership. We have had a terrific Football and Basketball season and we are in a very good and solid financial position.

Our offices include almost 6000 square feet. We have the capability of using many more clerks, but when we split from a previous partnership in July 1999, our previous partners rightfully took their business with them, as was expected. We have just the right amount of clerks and most of them have been with us for years.
    We believe in managing our growth and providing the best possible service for each and every client, whether credit or cash.

Lastly, our company is always looking to expand and our people are always looking to move on to bigger and better things. We are committed to our customers and will always do what is in the best interest of those connected with Margarita International.

We reiterate, at no time did Sting try and contact anyone at Margarita International, on this or any other subject. It is our opinion that if a person wants to be respected as an industry insider, he should get all the facts straight, before going to print. In an industry that is built on reputation, a reputable write should substantiate and obtain appropriate backup prior to publishing his “opinions”. But maybe, just maybe, there is an undercurrent in all of this and facts are not truly important.

Now to end on a positive note, Stardust Sonny, our lines currently appear on Sportstracker, and in the coming week we will be posting our lines (including totals on every NCAA game) on the Island Express service offered by Don Best.

Good luck to all and thanks for listening.

Darlene-When are u coming online?? You came in here about 6-9 months ago and said yall would be online soon. What is the progress of yall coming online?? Please respond...

Comment

i enjoy stings information like everyone else on this site. when i saw that piece about margarita i made a few calls to see what was what and i heard from people who know. this was all news to them.i did business with margarita for a few years and the funds were never..i mean never, late. that part has left the book and that was the end of my relatinship. things do change but this news is very surprising. darlene are you still horrible in backgammon....keep smiling smiles....sting can you elaborate more on this issue? good luck to all.

Comment

Darlene-When are u going to respond to my questions? Waiting anxiously....

Comment

Working...
        X