Olympic Chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympic Chicken

Olympic wrote me they are using a 20cent line because they lost 4 mill in baseball last year and costs have gone up.

Interesting story.

Just one thing though...Chicken??

I call it intelligent.

Comment

I agree that if you are not sharp enough to deal a dime line the smart move is to surrender.

However, I wish Olympic had tried reducing limits first ...

BTW I will be back with Olympic come football season because no one comes close to offering as many online betting options.

Same goes for Carib, because of their 2 cent Tuesdays.

But those books going to a 20 cent line that do not offer anything really special for football bettors are going to lose a LOT of football customers.

Comment

Today is a very very sad day for me.....When I saw Oly's bases lines come out, I had to rub my eyes and do a double take. Say it ain't so Olympic. In my opinion, they are THE best book out there. Why.....oh why did they have to go and do such a thing? I've said it once and I'll say it again.....books going to a 20 cent line will regret that decision. There's just too much damn competition out there....Welp, I'm off to the Western Union office to post up elsewhere, just as soon as I request a withdrawal from Oly. Sad, very sad.

Comment

Jr,

I don't think Carib had ever regretted for their 20 cents decision, at least not for last year and they will still have the 20 cents this year.

Well, they are still ALIVE!

The only difference is, they will have much less baseball actions than the other books.

But hey, thats exactly what they wanted.

BTW,

If someone calls Olympic is not sharp enough to deal a dime line and thats the reason for them to surrender (to switch to a 20 cents line), this must be a joke, if you don't know how sharp they are in American sports, just take a look at some of their NBA first half lines everyday,

their BM is probably one of the best handicapers that I've ever seen for the NBA, if you will ever need some helps in betting, Olympic's lines could be better than any services that you can get out there.

[This message has been edited by AYCE (edited 04-03-2000).]

Comment

AYCE - you're joking right??

Baseball and basketball are two different sports in America.

Even a rank novice at sports betting knows that a good handicapper in one is not necessarily good at the other (just ask Russ Culver - won TWO huge Vegas football contests last year but was -100 units in baseball BOTH the last two years!).

Comment

Since Spiro is probably too classy to come in here and exchange barbs with someone who called him a chicken, here is my take on the situation.

If there is one thing that Spiro at olympic is not... Its a chicken.

He was the first to post a superbowl line (probably got middled).

Posted a total on the MSU game that was 14 points off of the Dust total.

The guy is an oldschool bookie period, he posts the 1st NBA line and takes a pretty big hit. Olympic also isn't afraid to take a position on halftime lines its not unusual to see them post a halftime total/side a few points off just to get some action.

Hey he isn't stupid, he realizes that he can't post a decent baseball line or at least beat the sharps so he is using a 20 cent line, too me this shows that his ego is in check, they know they can handle putting up the first lines on baskets and pucks, and they take positions.

I am the same way, i played into Olympic all basketball season until late February and can you believe i never processed a single withdrawal from them? And i made cash this year actually had a really good year, fedex was beating a path to my door with payouts from RIO, ABC (especially) CRIS etc.

But i never once cashed out at Olympic - Sure i had some decent runs with them but i would always see an opportunity for a decent halftime play or a middle, a juicy opening total etc. and it would always go poof on the olympic side.

I finally wised up and said Adios to olympic, if a game i like has the best line at Olympic by a point and a half or so, i will just skip the game altogether, i have that much respect for Spiro and his linemaker.

However Olympic got hammered last year in bases, and i guess they don't feel that they know the sport well enuf to justify taking a beating. I wouldn't however be shocked to see the books (including the ones dealing 10 cent lines) rake in the dough this year in bases

Mark my words Last Year will Never Be Repeated.

If this happens (as i believe it will) don't be surprised to see some of the 20 cent books realize that they could generate more volume and hold a greater pct with a 10 cent line. Watch the syndicates get killed this year, they have 2 very dangerous things going for them.

1. Ego based on last years huge wins
              2. Money based on last years huge wins.

In my experince 1 and 2 make for a very dangerous combo.

Don't be surprised to see both 1 and 2 flattened down to pre 99 levels

Comment

The Greek certainly does know baseball well enough to deal a dime line. He's still the first book to post overnights for bases. It will be a long, lazy summer in Jamaica unless they bring back the 10c line.

Comment

If you still believe that the books out there which having 10 cents lines is because they are smarter and sharper than olympic in baseball, well, you shouldn't even play the games since you will have less edge over them than Olympic.

Yeah right!

When you will believe guys like Lence (or whatever his name should be) from skybook is actually a smart BM in baseball or whatever sports it will be, you may want to take more time to think it over.

Its simply a business decision by Olympic, if you don't like it, don't play with them, play with those so called "sharps" by you, hey, maybe thats exactly what Olympic wanted,

THEY DON'T NEED BASEBALL ACTIONS, THANKS.

Those who still have 10 cents lines, BECAUSE THEY WANTED THOSE BASEBALL ACTIONS AND THEY NEEDED YOUR DEPOSITS.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHETHER THEY ARE SMARTER BMS OR NOT.

PS. If you still have any questions about how sharp Olympic is in NBA, even after my previous post, even after Phaedrus's confession, wait until the next Sac Kings game.

Take a look at their lines, including sides and totals and 1st half and 2nd half line.

You will know what the word "sharp" means.

Spiro, personally I don't like you a lots (hey, bascially I don't like anyone that I will give money to them but with very little chance to get some back, except my parents), but its just a pleasure to see you presenting those odds in a beautiful fashion,

like the poison ivory.

Comment

AYCE i hear you on the Sacramento totals. I was one of the first to catch on to the first half over trend, in Sacramento games. It was one of my few shining moments regarding betting with Olympic.

What was weird was that Olympic would post their 1H totals on the net and on the phone line BEFORE they would ever appear on the Don Best screen the next day. I kind of liked that.

Comment

BTW, about baseball, I am going to agree with Phaedrus, reality could be from far the truth this seaon.

Its all about the hype.

However, I think the syndicates will not get killed, it will be the public get killed more easily.

Syndicates will only and always play the numbers, they will create the hype but they won't play into the hype.

Its the public (those people who are so excited about the new season and looking to open 5 to 10 more accounts with those 10 cents books to play and dreaming they will buy a new house next week) that will get killed.

Comment

Ayce, many times I don't agree with your opinions, or the way you state them. No offense, it's your right to speak your mind. However, you could not have been more right with your analysis in your post at 7:58. You definatly have your thumb on the pulse of this one. Good work, couldn't have said it better myself.

Comment

Working...
                        X