Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You will be the judge!! Is it right or wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You will be the judge!! Is it right or wrong?

In fairness to the shop, I will not mention names. This is not a big deal since it was a small amount. Just wanted the opinion of the majority.

New credit arrived and I gave it a test. I sent a small amount to one of my favorite shops and wagered the whole thing in one shot which I lost. Few weeks down the around I deposited and reloaded on a W. Union transactions and lost again. A week after that, I sent another W. Union transaction and this time asked a payout after a few days. When I called for a payout (which is also W.U), I was told that they couldn't send the whole amount in W.U. and part of it will be credited back to my card. I was kinda upset at first and let it go since the card transaction was not a big issue (when it comes to amount).

Now, my question is. What does the card transaction had something to do with the latest transaction of W. Union? It just doesn't make any sense.

Pretty much standard procedure.

All credit card deposits are paid of first. This is a form of fraud (chargeback) provention. After the credit card deposits are handled the remaining funds are sent by a method of the players choice.

Comment

Been there - done that.

Standard procedure.

Comment

Not only is crediting a card a deterent for chargebacks, it is a stipulation for obtaining a merchant account. All open charges must be "covered" prior to any other funds being released in a form of a check, WU etc.

The merchant could actually lose their merchant account if they send out funds prior to crediting an open charge. Since there was no tangilble product purchased by the card holder all previous charges must be credited.

Comment

This is something full of bullsh!t.

Just because it is a "standard procedure" doesn't make it the right thing to do.

I played at one of those 7-11 books about 6 months ago, deposit several times and lost it all and 6 months later I made a deposit ($500) to play again, this time I won, not only they will credit back $500 to my credit card (which is reasonable) but they also need to chase back to credit me all the other original deposits before issuing me a check.

WTF is that? I already paid my credit card company 5 months ago, what do I need that extra balance for?

I understand that the books need to do the charge back for your last deposit and especially for new account as to prevent fraud, but for regular customers, thats just NONSENSE to chase back all your records and give you a huge credit balance on your card instead of issuing a check to you.

At least there should be a reasonable cut off period, said for 1 or 2 months or say just for your last transaction.

If someone use his credit card to play in a place and lost 5 dimes in the last 6 months or so, he will never get a cent by check/WU until he will win more than 5 dimes, isn't this crazy?

Why can most Euro books will let you choose the way that you want to get paid and the offshores can't do it?

[This message has been edited by AYCE (edited 04-03-2000).]

Comment

In addition to what AYCE is saying. This is one of the reasons why shops might lose their customers for a simple reason that some people just don't think it is fair. AYCE made a clear, vivid example of it. I don't need to go all over again and explain why.

Next time around if there will be one, shops should have the "full responsibility" of explaining this option to clients to avoid misunderstandings. Good luck to all!!!

Comment

Working...
            X