Comments about Predictit.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments about Predictit.com

I would like to get the opinion of the bettors on Predictit.com. I've been using it since April 1999. I find that it is slow and unreliabel at times, and im also suspect of the handicappers (especially baseball) on that site, are they real?.

I've been using it this bb season. They annoy me by putting lines up so late, so I miss a lot of days. Don't think I'll be bothering with it in the future. Just here and Wagerline for funny money bets, I think.
    As to their honesty, I don't know. There are some good records posted there, but that's to be expected as a distribution of so many posters. They've got my results right so far, anyway.

Comment

Predict it is not worth any handicappers time, as there whole system regarding betting and seeing who the best is not for the bettor rather for the normal joe.

Hell they even have wwf wrestling. To be at the top of their list as a handicapper, you would be best of playing every game. Which is what 95% of the people on their do.

Thus you are not getting an accurate representation.

How many pros bet every game on the board. I found the best cappers, were listed on the bottom of the ratings and hard to find.

Stick with wagerline or bigguy.

Comment

I agree completely. They are VERY unreliable in putting up their lines. Sometimes they miss the morning games entirely. Another problem is that the lines are fixed (thoughout the day) which, in turn, doesn't allow the capper to take advantage of a favorable line move. It's really kind of a shame, because predictit's concept (getting paid for a page view) is outstanding. In fact, I've got a check for .16 cents floating around here somewhere.

Comment

I've heard from their cust service that they're are workin on the late mlb postings and some other things that will cater to cappers v the mainstream joe. Despite that, there are some great records to be found... even for the bettor. Yea, of course I don't want picks from the gamer who's picking every game and because of that he's at the top of the default list... but, try opening the "advanced search" and re-sort the list to show the best cappers by win %, with greater than X number of games picked... that's were you'll find the guys who pick only select games and win at better than 60%

Comment

Here's the problem with massive-contestant, no-analysis contests.
            On 4/27, these were the top five leaders at PredictIt MLB, by net units, current season:

picksbymike +40.38
            jeanp2000 +34.55
            sezhoo +33.45
            mpfurlon +32.52
            Dionysus +31.72

Last night I checked up on their current records, looking to see if any of them could maintain their rates, or if they had just been the luckiest runners in a large field, the to-be-expected right hand side of a bell curve distribution, so to speak. By subtracting current records from their 4/27 records, this is how they've done since:

picksbymike -28.45
            jeanp2000 -29.09
            sezhoo -42.26
            mpfurlon - 1.54
            Dionysus -22.99

Unbelievable.
            The other thing about PredictIt is that there isn't any other reason to go to their site. I go to Wagerline to get the probables and overnight line, and last night's scores. I come here to read the forums. I post picks here and at Wagerline just for fun because I'm here anyway. But there's nothing else at PredictIt, not even, as shown above, cappers worth following.

Comment

Working...
            X