A list of the books which post tennis lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A list of the books which post tennis lines

Neither here nor in the Bookies Hell forum I see anyone mentioning tennis.
    In my opinion tennis is the most attractive sport for the betting purposes and moreover I believe that it is a sport where the greatest differences in the lines occur.
    The bad thing about tennis is that not all of the books bother to post tennis lines regularly. In fact very few of them do.
    So I suggest to compile a list of the books that offer tennis on the regular basis and I start with my own one.
    So here it goes.

The United Kingdom:

Stan James:
    5/6 line.
    Offers odds for almost all matches of almost all ATP tournaments.
    Women's tennis only for Grand Slam events, final rounds.
    Sometimes I see promotion odds for Davis Cup ties. Not sure if they do it regularly.

Sportingbet:
    Used to be rather inconsistent before, but now seems to offer all of the ATP tournaments as well.
    5/6 line and odds are very simular to those of Stan James.
    Women's tennis: Grand Slams only, not from the beginning.
    Have never seen promotion odds for Davis Cup.

Austria
    Interwetten
    A great book in terms of the variety of the line.
    All ATP, a lot of WTA tournaments, Davis Cup, some very interesting specials sometimes.
    Only 1.7 line though.

Eastern Europe
    Tipsport
    Absolutely the best in almost everything.
    All ATP, WTA tournaments, Challengers, Doubles, Davis Cup, Federation Cup etc.
    1.85 line.
    But what makes it all almost useless, you must bet most of the matches in trebles.

Australia
    Centrebet
    1.85 line. All ATP tournaments. No WTA. Very rarely promotion bets for Davis Cup.

Caribs
    Olympic
    -120 line. All ATP tournaments, even WTA sometimes.
    I had been checking their line for several days in the past and saw some very strange odds, which I believe were simply errors.

OK. I guess that's it. I would like to hear your comments.

Alec,

You of course have places like interwetten and worldbet etc. with their bad prices, but they seem to offer it pretty much all the time, and women too sometimes for worldbet

sportingbet is doing all tournaments now? That is cool.

Also, I have noticed that Canbet seems to be putting up around the quarter or semi final stage of the ATP for the last few weeks - DAS and Megasports have done this occasionally, too.

Have a look at http://www.infobetting.com, they will list some others, but usually the bad 1.70 lines

Comment

I am of course interested, but have had little time for tennis the last few weeks - but the case often is, if not on yank tv, they won't be betting on it, hence most of the tournaments (which you can't see on tv here either, probably not even if you have cable) don't get the bookmaker or other coverage

Comment

alec,

drop me an email if you like

Comment

cp

Comment

Add Easybets

Comment

would if I didn't keep hearing dodgy things

Comment

www.surreysports.com

UK based - now offshore. 5/6 - 5/6 but quite often big differencies from others.

Comment

Hilper, thanks for the info. I have been checking their site but the address they used refers to the old site when they weren't even worth looking into.

But the address you gave me revealed a totally new site that is brilliant for someone like me, who can bet with local debit cards, without the need of a real deposit account. Thanks!

Comment

Yes. Thanks Junior44 and hilper.
                    Easybets currently offers bets on who will be #1 at the end of the year.
                    In my opinion makes much more sense than that stupid propositions of Olympic and Intertops: Who will win Wimbledon and will Agassi and Davenport win this year's Grand Slam.
                    Does anybody have an opinion why they do that? I mean what is the purpose of posting such useless lines. Just because it is easy to copy them?
                    I can immediately suggest tons of much more interesting offers. Like:
                    Which one of the two given players will be ranked higher at the end of the year (after French Open)?
                    Which one of the two given players will go farther in the given tournament, with updates after each round?
                    And so on. Why don't do this? Yes, it requires thinking, but isn't it the job of an oddsmaker?
                    While working in Kiev I offered a lot of such stuff and it was popular.
                    As I said in another thread there is very little variety in sports books offers which is really sad.

Comment

Just one more note.
                      I want that it be possible to bet on negation of every offer in the line.
                      For example Easybets now has Agassi to be #1 at the end of the year at 2.25.
                      I want to have an opportunity to bet at at least 1.45 that it will not happen.
                      Obviously, if you have something at 100/1 you don't need to post the odds for negation, but in case of odds up to 5.0 I think it makes a lot of sense.

Comment

Alec,

A couple of months ago I was in Vegas and saw a line of 8/1 on Tiger Woods winning all four majors. I asked the Clerk if I could have some of the "No" on Woods. Clerk said no problem, open your own book.

Comment

Hamhog,
                          He is right, of course. But I am honest. When I was working, I always offered "Yes" and "No" for each option.
                          What really bothers me is that bettors themselves don't seem to realize how little of what is possible they receive.
                          There were so much of talking about the dime line in baseball recently, which obviously is important, although I have no idea about baseball rules. But when I opened a thread regarding the lack of variety in betting options no one except of AYCE responded.

Comment

Alec,

just like I said the last time, if you would understand how and where did those offshores get their lines from, you should not be surprised that they will hang out those lines.

Also, some of your info are not correct. Carib, for example, I believe they will only offer tennis matchup lines in GS (probably only for semi and final, so called big games).

And you also missed out Itops, which has done quite consistently the last several months...

And of course, there are many other shops out there that will have pretty beatable lines regularly, but I just hate to help them out at here.

Like Phil, there are guys out there working their asses out to beat those lines, why help those bastards out?

Comment

alec,

they work on the 'never give a sucker...' type deal

i.e. they are not going to let you bet on a sure thing, but they will let you bet on longshots that are about as likely as the sighting of a pink elephant shagging a flying pig under a blue moon

Comment

Working...
                              X