U.S. Presidential Election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. Presidential Election

Would anyone know what books have lines on the U.S. Presidential Election? Thanks, Joseph

[This message has been edited by joseph (edited 05-14-2000).]

The first 2 of my outs I checked had up odds. SIA and Aces both have Gore at even money. Seems like stealing to me.

Comment

Gore +126 at canbet

Comment

Randy,

You do mean George W. laying a short price I presume??

Comment

Rumor has it that Polar left Looselines to return to the U.S. to make sure that Bill Bradley would not become the next President. According to Polar, Bill Bradley represented a huge threat to offshore gambling.

In fact, someone told me that Polar was a one-man wrecking crew in the Gore campaign, and was a major reason for Gore easily defeating Bradley for the Democrat nomination. Gore supposely had so much respect for Polar that he hung an immense portrait of him in the Democrat election headquarters.

If anyone can make a definitive betting line on the Presidential election, it is Polar.

Comment

Joseph, you might also want to take a look at Millenium and VC.

Comment

I gotta think George W. is a good bet at any price. If the American public ever takes the time to read Gore's book on environmentalism (or if the media had the decency to report actual excerpts instead of touchy/feely summaries of the material) they will quickly dismiss him as a quasi-lunatic not suited to be President of the country. I just got done reading that book about 10 days ago.....WOW..........

I recommend you guys go out and read this before you cast a vote for this clown. He actually advocates a massive tax increase (doubled or even tripled) in gasoline prices, while implying that we should eventually work towards a society where individual car ownership should be banned or severely limited in favor of forced mass transit. The he spends an awful lot of time talking about the prevention of suburban expansion, which is pretty amusing considering that Clinton's strong economy is partially based on the new home building that's part of this so-called problem.

This is also coming from the guy who "invented" the internet and was the "inspiration" for the movie Love Story. Bush is far from perfect due to his having to suck up to the frightening Christian Right, but at least Bush and the Republicans will let me keep my Sport Utility Vehicle and my Guns!!!

Comment

Thank you all for your help.If anyone else is interested in this,Grand Central,Carib,WSEX and Intertops also offer this option.What their limits are,I do not know. Thanks again, Joseph

Comment

How about a Bettorsworld ticket with Lysander Spooner for President and Polar for Vice-President?

Comment

Reno...

If your proposed ticket should prevail, I would nominate you to be Federal Reserve Chairman. Who better than a pro scalper to manage the economy? Whenever you see economic numbers that are getting out of line, pursue a monetary policy to reverse the trend and bring the numbers back to a stable place. Sounds like you have the perfect resume for such a job.

Comment

Im sure there wouldnt be any skulduggery in the futures markets either.
                      Then clear the jails of all political prisoners(books and players) with blanket amnesty.

Comment

Gore is likely to provide good value for off-shore punters throughout the year. Since most bettors fit into the white male category (yes, Dot, there are a few exceptions), and since Dubya has a big edge among the Pale P_nis People, Bush the Younger is likely to be overpriced all the way to November.

I'm quite tempted here to respond to MarkDel's missive regarding Gore's antipathy toward global warming machines (SUVs), but I shan't. Gotta keep it light when we go off-topic in this forum.

Comment

Working...
                        X