Houston Astros Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston Astros Update

It is now official. The International Bookmakers Association (IBA) today named the Houston Astros as the team of the year. Fats Vigorish, spokesman for the IBA, said that BMs love the Astros because nearly everyday
    the players load up on the team, and nearly everyday they lose. In fact, even as BMs were toasting the Astros today, players, eager to make BMs happy, were again loading up on the Astros, steaming them from -120 to -160. And naturally, the Astros again lost.

J. Krishnamurti the late famous philosopher/teacher said that people suffer because they are oriented to what should be (fantasy) rather than to what is (reality). And what should be is that the Astros are a good team. What is, however, is that they suck. Why is it that the BMs understand the truth about the Astros, and the player don't?

Its called the Due Factor. Keep playing on these stiffs and against the White Sox and your bills will be long overdue. Chase women not bad teams.

You scalpers have been eating plenty of gourmet food lately.

Comment

Reno,

Amen, brother.

I was attempting to say this in the other forum tonight as people were still picking the Astros. I had to turn off my computer after my third twinkies bet at +150 because I was afraid if the line went up again I would bottom out on the Twins. I am going to paste your post into the other thread.

It is entitled 'everyone's favorite crap pitcher'

peace,

loudog

p.s. Sunday is 'Lima Time' again.

Comment

Geez guys, you must be shopping your numbers at Kmart. The best spread I got on the game was -130/+145, still not bad, but nothing like -120/+150. Oh well, that's why Reno's favorite flavor is Manilla, and why I'm still standing in the guest line at the buffet. Guess I'll toss another pile of Limas on the plate in four days!

[This message has been edited by Bette Midler (edited 06-07-2000).]

Comment

Ron,

I agree with you on the Chi.Sox. I think
          their the real deal. However the Astros
          SUCK. The only way "Lima Time" gets any
          of my action from now on, is if I'm going
          against him. I learned my lesson last night.

Sportsbank.

[This message has been edited by sportsbank (edited 06-07-2000).]

Comment

reno, you took the words right out of my mouth. But can you answer this? Why do you think the Pokers love the Astros so much? It IS them betting them everyday, I don't need confirmation of that.

Bette, I laid -115 on the Astros and took back +158 the other way, not bad huh? By the way, I went in with the Twins, could not believe they bet Houston that much.

Comment

Segundo, that scalp of yours is better than anything I've got since my Caliente days.

I don't get the Poker Players moves. I just do what I do off the Don Best screen. I would assume that the big moves are from the Pokers.

The Pokers have scaled down. They started betting very heavy at the beginning of baseball, and got reamed. Their BR took a major hit. And since they've come back, the moves have not been doing well. So, I would assume that so far it has not been a happy season for the Pokers. But ol' Fats Vigorish is not complaining.

Comment

I try and 'cap the games myself, and play accordingly. I was also betting Houston repeatedly back a couple of weeks ago, but (luckily) got off them after taking a beating. Their numbers looked good at the time, not so much now.

Comment

Segundo...

VERY IMPRESSIVE on the size of that scalp. I'm happy when I can get 10 cents, and a 20 scalp will make me quiver! But 43 cents!?! That would buy a nice day a the ranch With the size of my plays (only I don't know which experience would leave me with the longer smile .

BTW anyone notice that when all the afternoon moves lost today, it seemed kinda quiet on the board this evening? Are the syndicates becomming a little gun shy after taking such a beating lately?

Reno, what would Fats have to say if this trend continues?

Comment

Working...
                  X