Lunch with Reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lunch with Reality

Had lunch today with Reality.. Have to take back my statement "body by mashed potatoes". While he is a few years younger than me and doesn't have my physical attributes he is never the less solid as a rock. Tyson would have no shot of keeping that bag in the elevator against him.

Between the two of us "both washed up nobodys" was over 50 YEARS of bookmaking knowledge (or to some 50 years of not knowing or learning anything.)

After many phone conversations and e-mails we met at a great Italian restaurant in the Bronx..The food was flowing, zuppa d'clams, linguine with lobster sauce and chicken Scarparella topped off with cannoli and cappuchino. Not a bad meal for dinner but this was only lunch.

Talk centered around friends that we both knew, posting forums and bookies (offshore and local).

Reality while being impaired with a typewriter can talk and he also can eat. He say's his posting career is almost over, believe me it's our loss. This guy has a wealth of knowledge he could share with us..

My thanks to Jeff and Brian for passing on our e-mails so we could get together..

THE DEVIL

[This message has been edited by thedevil (edited 07-07-2000).]

[This message has been edited by thedevil (edited 07-07-2000).]

If EITHER of you two ever stop posting it would be a loss to the forum.

BTH

Comment

Hey Devil,

Who had to tie their shoe laces when the chek came????

Comment

It was a no brainer. I went to the bathroom when the waiter was coming.

Devil

Comment

Devil,

Just joking with you professional eaters.

Seriously, your opinion is requested on MLS post "Caribi rant..or not.

Thanks--Ron

Comment

You guys ate like you just got out of jail.

Comment

DEVIL,
              YOU FORGOT THE ANTIPASTO!

YOU ARE THE GENUINE ARTICLE.

PERSONALLY AND PROFESSIONALLY!

ALL THE BEST...

REALITY

Comment

Dear Devil,

i have not forgotten. we still have a date in NYC. How about gallaghers as i am not a fish eater?

bg

Comment

Sure anytime.. Do I have to buy again? I hate pulling that bathroom ruse all the time.

THE DEVIL

Comment

i think we have to buy the next 10 times to get even!

bg

Comment

THE FOLLOWING IS A VERBATIM CONVERSATION BETWEEN REALITY AND DEVIL:

REALITY:

WHERE DO YOU WANT TO GO TO DINE?
                      STEAK,CHINESE,ITALIAN,YOU NAME IT...

DEVIL:

I DON'T CARE WHAT I EAT,JUST AS LONG AS IT'S UNDER 25 YEARS OLD!

I STILL CRACK UP WHEN I THINK OF THIS ANSWER.

I NEVER STOLE ANYTHING IN MY LIFE.

I JUST TURNED INTO A THIEF,THIS WENT RIGHT INTO MY REPITOIRE...

THE DEVIL,KNOWLEDGABLE WITH A GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR...

REALITY

Comment

I'd suggest hopping over to Peter Lugers for the worlds best Porterhouse and of course some schlag-topped dessert. Even though Vegas has hundreds of places to dine nothing here compares to Lugers (I'm homesick).
                        But Devil, don't ask for cappucino. My friend Kenny Constantino did one time and the waiter replied "cappucino? this is 'Peter Lugers' NOT 'Peter Louigis'! They have what they call 'service with sass', but if you're in the city you probably already know that...

Comment

Working...
                        X