Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with Olympic credit card deposits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Olympic credit card deposits?

Anyone else not able to get this to work?

2 days ago I try the website, after doing the opening an account thing, which works fine.

Try and deposit money - does not work.

Call them up and they say the credit card processing system is down. Ok, fair enough.

I try again yesterday. Same thing.

Called them early this morning, and they said the credit card processing system is down, try again in half an hour or so. I did so, did not work again.

Get up this morning, try it again. Doesn't work again. Seems to me that this processing system is down a lot???

Ok, called them again and this time they say 'yep, processing error, won't accept your card' call back at 11 Eastern to talk to a supervisor. Not that useful to me really, seeing it is a card from our most common bank that works everywhere else in the world.

However, the phone people have all been very polite, even with the slightly dodgy connection due to satellite and my mobile phone, or whatever.

Comment

Obviously, why I would like an account is they have an impressive range of current soccer offerings - also, recommendations for them are always glowing, so can't hurt otherwise, and presumably they do Nascar etc. - and it says horse racing from the US too, so if anyone ever gave me a tip there that would be handy

Comment

let them do it over the phone, worked for me 7-6-00

Comment

I have tried that 3 times as well, greg, still would not work

Comment

AV, you have to pay your bill.

Comment

AV

It has never work fot me either on the internet, but it did work over the phone.
              It must be a australian thing

also I have a bank of america visa check card,and that does not work at olympic,on either the phone or internet

which is lucky for me because I was killed betting on half-time NBA with them

Comment

I wonder if there is an international lock on your card or if the credit card you are useing wants to charge a cash advance on this .Have you talked to the cc co. about the problem? How about useing a bank debit card on your checking account with visa? No cash advance problem and refund is right to your bank account.

Comment

Oz, thanks, didn't work when they did it over the phone either, not that the standard operator knows much about credit cards

Sportshobby, as a comedian, no need to give up your day job

Comment

No international lock, no, works in multiple other countries.

I suspect it is the podunk facility that these island places use for credit cards that doesn't handle it properly.

Intertops, for example, has no problem, although have not done that for a couple of years.

Comment

AV, you're right.

But seriously, you should call your bank. This has happened to me at other books. When I've called, the bank just says, "Oh, we just wanted to hear from you to be sure it was you making the charge." They have the records there of the declined charges, and want to be sure there is no fraud involved.

This could possibly be the problem.

Comment

sh,

yeah, I will, can't at the moment though being night time, they are closed

have had them have the cash advance and a minimum limit for that problem when I wanted to deposit less than 50 at one place -, but this not the issue here

thanks,

AV

Comment

Well, as expected, no problem from the bank on their end.....

Comment

No the problem is with olympic credit card system, not AV bank or card

Comment

Ok, the problem was indeed the credit card system - apparently a new processor and it didn't handle the State field properly.

So, the trick now is if you are not a septic or a canucklehead to leave that blank Oz, so give that a shot if you need to.

Comment

Working...
                              X