honest question by a square

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• honest question by a square

the two monitoring services for college football SPORTS WATCH & SPORTS MONITOR....

do they honestly report the selections of different tout services or are they just part of the process of skinning squares like me?

obviously the reason i ask is i can't pick college football....it ain't in me....i have a better chance of dating christie brinkley than i do of actually making money in college football....

You're not alone when it comes to NOT beating football. Sounds like you're resigned to the negative. Slow down and try alternative things like hockey and women.

Comment

Auspice,

you're better off following some of the handicappers in this forum than spending money on a tout service. Like the PGA says "these guys are good"

DEVIL

Comment

Auspice, my opinion is that they report "honestly" but give the paying handicappers a break on games that fall close to the line.

Now the problem is like picking a good mutual fund - don't just buy the one that has been hot the past year. Buy one that is consistently ahead over several seasons.

Good luck.

Comment

Subscribing to any monitoring service is the same as adding to your vig. I wish I could say more on this subject, but I have enough enemies. Take my word for it. Don't unwrap the rubber band!

Comment

Am I a square If I bet the plays of the handicappers I consider to be sharp

[This message has been edited by Survivor (edited 07-15-2000).]

Comment

auspice ,

PLEASE do yourself a favor and listen to Scott L. on this one. I do understand why he won't elaborate but if he decided to, believe me you would understand.

BTH

Comment

I agree with you guys about the monitoring services. But a decent handicapping service could keep a player even, if he was disciplined (played only the prescribed selections). A real square couldn't pick 50% if his life depended on it, and would lose through poor money management even if his selections were 60%.

So I'm not sure that discouraging everyone in every situation from using a service is the right answer.

Comment

sportshobby,

I agree with you , my comment was directed towards the legit of those particular monitoring services.

BTH

Comment

Working...
                  X