• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hr3125

I'm not sure but I think the bill failed

248-159 it did not pass

Comment

devil...

Kudos for being the first to post this result! (You may advance to the next round)

I was watching the vote like it was the NFL playoffs and OUR TEAM WON!!

A round of drinks are on me to all in this forum!! Congrats to ALL!

Comment

So what happens now

Comment

Oz..

What happens now is you go out and get rip roaring drunk tonight. Tomorrow morning, take some Advil, logon to your favorite gaming site, and place your bets.

Seriously, what this means is that there are still no FEDERAL laws that deal affirmatively with the issues of internet gaming. State and local laws may still cause problems for some in more restrictive jurisdictions, but you will not be commiting a Federal offense by placing a wager online. Even if the Bill had passed, there is still a question as to whether Bubba would have signed it. Now he can go vacation in Hot Springs, roll the dice a few times, and feel relief that nobody in this forum can hold this one over his head.

Comment

Let's hear it for level heads!!!

But let's not lose site of the fact thath it did get 250+ votes. We need to stay on this people, no letting up. Let them know in November. Become a single issue voter, Internet Gambling.

As I understand it, Goodlatte was only going to get one shot at this. Let's see if the House leadership sticks to this deal.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to write and thank you to all of the representatives who saw through the Kyl/Goodlatte hype.

Comment

Oz,

We get more US dollars for our tax base

Comment

Working...
              X