Intertops payments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intertops payments?

Well.. I won $250 in the Intertops Nascar contest here on BWorld about two months ago. I didn't have any other funds at Intertops so I kept playing with that. On July 18th I requested a bank wire transfer of about $300 from my account. It was quickly processed, even though my account info said "payment sent out by cheque".

That was now over 3 weeks ago and I haven't received anything yet. I tried emailing the customer service a few times but there's no reply.

Any ideas? It's not like paying out ~$300 should cause too much trouble but it seems the money got lost somewhere.

Give them a call and find out. I doubt they would wire $300 but under $1,000 they either use registered mail - free or DHL (1/2 cost to customer). Given the amount of time elapsed it's probably registered mail. Call or e-mail them and I'm sure they'll give you the tracking number so you can see where it is.

Comment

Hartley,

He said he had emailed them. No answer is odd, they are usually very consistent with this, so maybe they have done something your average clerk can't discover?

Comment

Also, don't forget 1-800 numbers are not accessible from Europe and a 3-minute call to the local number in Antigua would probably cost half of the payout!

Comment

Yeah, not too thrilled on spending money on international calls especially since payment should be a pretty basic action.

Well, now I got a reply (took 5 days) that said I should wait until they figure out what's going wrong. Not a problem, I'm not in a hurry. I just thought the lack of response was odd.

Comment

Anything today, Fin?

Comment

Shawn,

Nothing new.

Hartley,

I did specifically ask if I could get the money wired instead of registered mail and was told "yes". But yeah, that's most likely what happened - they mailed it instead.

Comment

Ok, according to Itops they never actually sent the money.. that would definitely explain the delay. Should be all cleared now (chances are I get the money in a few days now). Thanks for the comments.

Comment

Let us know.

Comment

Working...
                  X