No announcement yet.

WillHill: Can you Convert that for Me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WillHill: Can you Convert that for Me?

I know how to convert the European style money line odds to the standard American format. But I hate having to use a calculator for every line.

How about listing both formats, or having an option for selecting which format to view?

after a couple of years you wont need the calculator and will understand the Decimal format, the fractions format and the American ML format all the same.

Comment

Why use a calculator? Normally you'll get used to all three formats after a while, but if you want I can send you an excel spreadsheet that will convert odds between all three formats instantly.

Comment

Way back when, when Intertops was one of the only online books around, they posted all their odds in this format. It's easy enough to understand, and even get used to, however, due to overwelming demand, they started to give their customers a choice.

William Hill, to date, has not taken the North American market seriously. There are so many things they could be doing to attract the clientel that wagers on American sports.

I suppose that when you are as huge as they are, there are more important issues, but then, you would figure that if they were going to venture into the market, why give half an effort?

Comment

Jeff, thanks for the understanding. The point is that it is an easy calculation that the web site should be doing for me, rather than my having to type the odds into a spreadsheet or calculator to convert.

I like the Canbet option for choosing formats.

Comment

Sportshobby,

I have an International conversion chart that I would be happy to send you. Drop me an e-mail and I will send it to you.

Peter
            [email protected]

Cons, Sorry I already hit the submit now button before I realized you also offered the chart.

[This message has been edited by Grand Central Sports (edited 08-26-2000).]

Comment

Thanks for the offers, guys.

I suppose it's more of a WillHill rant than anything. First, the games are not in the same International rotation as most of the rest of the books serving the North American market. Then I have to make this conversion for every line that I see. Then if I find a good price on a match I like, the limits are lower than just about any startup operation in the business.

It's just not worth the trouble.

Comment

Again, the intertops reference. When they 1st started catering to this market, they too, posted their own rotation, and it drove players nuts.

The rotation is another simple change, that needs to be taken care of.

I know many out there will say, why should THEY change, why shouldn't the players adapt, but I disagree. I think the book needs to cater/change for the market they are pursuing.

Comment

Hi,

If you want a chart "over the desk" try this link:
                  http://www.betting-ring.com/per.html

Also, I have one Question. What is the URL for Pinnacle (I heard that they take big tennisbets and soon are on-line)? The link on this site doesn't work for me.

Regards / hilper

Comment

could i get a copy of that conversion file also:

[email protected]

thank you.

Originally posted by Cons:
                    Why use a calculator? Normally you'll get used to all three formats after a while, but if you want I can send you an excel spreadsheet that will convert odds between all three formats instantly.

Comment

Hilper,
                      Pinnacle will be back up and running very soon by all reports. The link now should take you to their preview page. I am also looking forward to solid tennis action with them.

Comment

Working...
                      X