No announcement yet.

Bettorsworld Census

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Zippy, Railbird, Trisha and all for your input.

I would definitely agree with mostly all of your points and advice. Zippy, I am on the same wavelength as you. I feel I have made some major improvements over the past few years:

1. I used to only have one out. I played the numbers whether I liked the moves or not. Back then, I had no other choice in the matter.

Since coming across this forum and reading about your expereinces and advice, I have picked up a couple other books and can now shop for lines.

Has this helped so far? Actually it has...just like you said, a loss becomes a push and pushes become wins. It's definitely an extra edge that I, the bettor, have control over. I find that to be an advantage in comparison to my earlier more ignorant days.

2. I would bet games just because they were on TV, and try to quickly form opinions on them. If I was home watching TV and really liked a side on a couple of games, I wouldn't just bet those games, I would basically bet a side/total on every game, just because I could sit back and watch them.

Now, I couldn't care less if a game was on or not. If I had a play on a game that just happened to be on, then that was a bonus to me. I feel I have become more disciplined in this respect.

3. I would double down or raise my wagers after losses.

On Sundays, if I got killed on the 1pm games, I would almost double my bets on the 4pm games and then after getting murdered on them, I would load up on Sunday night's game and get wiped out. This one day's nightmare would cause me to spend weeks and weeks to try to climb out of my hole.

I stay consistent with my plays and have become much more disciplined in terms of money management. I am still not 100% there yet, but I have gotten a lot better and can see the error of my ways.

As for Railbird's advice on halftimes...I never really paid much attention to that...do you really think there is a lot of value there?

Thanks to all for your wisdom...As Zippy says, you can always try to improve as a sportsbettor...I have yet to plateau...would love to get there someday!!!

Comment

Working...
    X