LAS PALMAS closing ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAS PALMAS closing ???

Please, say it is not so . Word from the top indeed confirms that Las Palmas is closing its doors. Although saddened by this news, I just want to thank everyone at Palmas for six months of superior customer service. They were amongst the best in the business and will be very sorely missed.

Kind of strange that they shutdown at the beginning of football season. Anybody know the reason?

Comment

ShiftySheik, I was told that they just couldn't get enough customers to make it worthwhile. I'm having them transfer my funds to another book.

Comment

It is my understanding that it was simply a lack of volume in their business. They chose not to engage in widespread advertising and were relying heavily on agent business, which apparently fell short of expectations.

Comment

Apparently, they are blaming it on that minority group called "0.18". Also what you guys mentioned above.

Comment

I guess they weren't 0.18% proof.
            Best of luck.

Sportsbank.

[This message has been edited by sportsbank (edited 09-11-2000).]

Comment

I too am real saddened by this. Las Palmas was one of my primary outs and not only that, but I also liked the two guys in charge very much.

I hope the man in charge shows up somewhere else where I can continue to do business with him. I don't think he'll be following my footsteps and going into the McDonald's training program. He's an old-timer and knows his stuff. Any book would be lucky to have him.

Comment

Working...
              X