Champions League: Promotion bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champions League: Promotion bets

Once again on promotion bets. And I think Champions League is a good example.

Almost every book now is offering the proposition: which team will win the group X. But I have not found a single book which offers "Team X will advance to the next stage: Yes/No"

The only book at which I can bet on a team to advance is Interwetten. But I can't bet on "not to advance".

I wonder why. I understand that English books set the soccer lines and almost all the others are just using them. But in the Great Britain itself why promotion bets have not become a standard option yet?

You see, it is just natural to bet on a team to advance to the next stage, because it is what this group stage is all about, not about who will win each group.

Ok, maybe there is no interest among bettors. So I would like to hear opinions.

Non promotion bets are long term and anti...

At tyhe craps table if play the Don'ts - Make sure you don't cheer.

Also non promotion bets are usually decided quicker because teams quickly find out that they are out of their depth they throw their last games. Its hard to do because UEFA gives so much good prizemoney... Butt Relegation and Non promotion betting is just
    desparational stuff.

FF

Comment

don't think it is lack of bettor interest, it is bookies not wanting to lose

i.e. you can bet on someone to win the Champions League, you can't bet on someone to not win - similar situation - and spread firms probably only do it on UKish events

1.02 on Standard Liege to not win Champion's League/UEFA Cup? Good bet for the punter, probably, small return (in odds terms) for a reasonable length period I guess.

As Fedya mentions, punters have to think a bit more like a bookie here, and think 'not win'?

Comment

and Europe is 'foreign' to Britain, I guess, so not a common topic this sort of bet?

Betting on leading scorer/award winner in the AFL very popular.

Non-existent in the NFL, for example.

Comment

Alec, did see Centrebet has to make quarter finals in Olympic soccer futures

Comment

Working...
          X