Olympic phone service blows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympic phone service blows

It does not matter who you get unless you talk with Spiro -- all of the phone operators are rude. I play with several books listed here and noone offers more lines than Olympic but the phone service is less than acceptable.

I tried to cancel a wager today 20 minutes before the race started and was given total attitude. We don't need to deal with this when there are so many quality books out there.

My money is going elsewhere -- Spero if you would like to talk about it further send me an e-mail to [email protected] , otherwise thanks for being an overall good book for the past 6 months.

They give you a chance to see the lines before ANYONE else. What more do you want? This is the best reason of them all to play with this book. There's NO other book close. I would put up with the problem if I was you. Isn't it worth it to you, to have them as an out?

Also you should NEVER have to cancel a BET. The busy books just don't have the time for this. Make sure you make the right play THE FIRST TIME!

I don't think you have a right to be mad at them because YOU NEEDED A BET CANCELLED. Every book in the world has a right also to get upset with YOU for wasting their time!

An unwriten rule is that a player can't cancel a bet if they have to call back to do it. If it's on the same call that's Different.

Players should be able to accept this rule. Book Makers just don't have the time to cancel bets.

Try to put up with it. They are a great book and if you bet the games early you could get a number you will NEVER SEE AGAIN.

Later.......

Comment

Seems to me that Olympic's phone operators are a lot better and smarter than your average US corporation customer service type.

Try AT&T or Sprint or someone for hopelessness (plus 20-30 minute waits)

Comment

xxxxxxxx
        Last edited by chestrockwells; 03-12-2002, 03:46 AM.

Comment

Aussie I take that as a blantant slandering of the American public......Granted I get upset while getting put on hold calling the long distance phone companies but to say that the Jamacian phone operators are a lot "better and smarter than your average US corporation customer service type" is total bull.

I know,I know, down under you guys don't have these types of problems and everthing is all politically correct over there.And if something does go wrong you call in Mick Dundee and he comes riding in with his Subaru outback with a foster's in toe and at the end of the day all's well after throwing some shrimp on the barbie....G'day mate!

Comment

Krackman, I've lived in the US and the customer service over the phone is practically nonexistent with large corporations.

Don't get so upset mate If I told you that the standard of life in Australia is much higher than in the US, would you get upset? I hope not. I've lived in both places and there's no doubt in my mind that this is the case. In fact out of the four countries I've lived in, the US ranks third.

But the point is that you shouldn't get upset about people making comments which they believe to be true. The US system makes sure that school kids are politically brainwashed from an early age(ex. swearing allegience to the flag...), and any comment about another country being better than the US is quickly regarded as an insult. Tell anyone from the US that there are better places to live in and they get mad. Why?

Comment

There are enough complaints about the telephone clerks at Olympic, that there should obviously be some improvements made to improve their service.

But I have to say that after calling 2-3 times a day for a long time, I've never even once had an operator be rude to me. Once or twice I had trouble understanding the clerk (or vice versa), but I've even had that problem with British and Australian accents.

Comment

Originally posted by krackman:
                Aussie I take that as a blantant slandering of the American public......Granted I get upset while getting put on hold calling the long distance phone companies but to say that the Jamacian phone operators are a lot "better and smarter than your average US corporation customer service type" is total bull.

I know,I know, down under you guys don't have these types of problems and everthing is all politically correct over there.And if something does go wrong you call in Mick Dundee and he comes riding in with his Subaru outback with a foster's in toe and at the end of the day all's well after throwing some shrimp on the barbie....G'day mate!

See, as Cons says, brainwashed by advertising, fosters and subarus? Geez. If US telco customer service is so smart, why did it take TWO YEARS for my wife to get a simple request with a 40 dollar credit fixed. They are too cheap and can't be bothered, is why. Your average Jamaican 6 year old could have fixed this I would imagine.

Whereas with Olympic had a problem with the credit card thing and their programmer fixed it for me. Absolutely no way that would ever happen in the other case, and this only took a few days or thereabouts. Why is it that some of the biggest companies there won't hire enough staff so people don't wait half an hour on the phone?

US company minus one billion, Jamaican company several million as far as customer service goes there.

Comment

The several times I have called them they have been pleasant and polite, and happily adjusted to the fact that I was calling from a mobile phone, so bouncing off satellites sounded a bit funny, no impatience or anything like that at all. Not even a hint. If it happened, I would say so.

Comment

Doggiestyle: You write the following:

"The busy books just don't have the time for this. Make sure you make the right play THE FIRST TIME!
                    I don't think you have a right to be mad at them because YOU NEEDED A BET CANCELLED. Every book in the world has a right also to get upset with YOU for wasting their time! "

On Olympics website, they state the following (after you've placed your bet):

"NOTE: Check Review Wagers and make sure bet was placed properly.
                    Errors must be reported IMMEDIATELY!
                    All wagers are final once an event begins."

And how do you report an error immidiately? Yes, by phone. You could always send a mail, but there is no guarantee that customer service read it as it arrives. Anyway, if a punter needs this kind of service (I don't think these situations occur too often), the service should be up to standards, even though I can understand that the staff sometimes get pissed.
                    Is there any excuse for poor customer service?
                    I've just opened my account with Olympic, and the first impression is that this is a reliable and solid bookmaker. Only time will tell....

Terje Grefstad www.bettingadvice.com

Comment

Doggie,

Sorry to tell you this, but you need to get out of the 80's with that attitude. That most basic of services, nice clerks, and being allowed to cancel a small wager is a must for any off-shore now. Players expect it and will shop around until they get it

Comment

Cons is right I was trying to be patriotic for a few seconds on a posting forum and admit it is just natural to react like that at first. After Clinton disgraced the country the way he did I don't know why it is still an instict.

Ok ,Ok , I am moving to Australia.....(-;

Comment

Krackman, what these Aussies don't tell you is that Australia is a post-up country, i.e. you must post-up $500,000 (Aussie, I think) or you don't move there, at least not permanently. Thus, Australia has no poor immigrants. Makes things arguably more pleasant, but may stunt economic growth. New Zealand operates the same way.

Comment

DeacDoug, it's true that a lot of American hopefulls are turned back by Aussie immigration officials, but that's true of every country. I'm lucky in that I have both an Australian passport and an EU one. Perfect combo if you ask me, couldn't ask for anything more

But overall the way of life in places like Sydney eclipses the rest of the world in amicable fashion. You really have to move there to appreciate the standard of life that this country offers. It truly can't be compared to anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by DeacDoug:
                              Krackman, what these Aussies don't tell you is that Australia is a post-up country, i.e. you must post-up $500,000 (Aussie, I think) or you don't move there, at least not permanently. Thus, Australia has no poor immigrants. Makes things arguably more pleasant, but may stunt economic growth. New Zealand operates the same way.
                              Complete and utter rubbish, of course Rich people can be citizens of most places if they want to be, that is bloody obvious.

Just as silly as if I said 'the USA throws all potential immigrants in jail' as I was listening to NPR about the INS throwing a university professor in jail because he had supposedly overstayed a student visa, and won't give anyone reasons as to why they have done so, after he applied for permanent residency.

Comment

Working...
                              X