Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Article about my trial etc.

http://www.ecompany.com/articles/mag...0,7508,00.html

seems like the judge and the jury were a little funky.I make you a -250 fav to win appeal,I had OJ getting off at +350.

good luck to you.

Comment

JC, What you are doing is no different than the NYSE. You are being persecuted by an entity that sells lottery tickets and is now in the process of banning college betting in Nevada. This is INSANE.

Comment

You know their is too much government,when you live in a town like Hunington Beach,Ca and you see more police cars than civilian cars and you get a 129.00 fine for drinking a beer in your frontyard if it is not enclosed with a fence.

Comment

Oh my god! Railbird, tell me you didn't
          get a 129.00 fine for drinking a beer on
          YOUR front lawn? Fence or no fence,
          what kind of sh!t is that. Say it ain't
          so........

Sportsbank.

Comment

to railbird

Hunington Beach huh? I used to live on Brookhurst....about a mile up from the ocean....

Comment

Railbird, if you think the $129 fine for beer is bad, then whatever you do, don't let the Fuzz catch you guzzling wheatgrass juice in your frontyard. The fine for that is $249.

Comment

Question for JC, If you win your appeal, would your partners be free to go back to the US? Would the US drop the charges against them?

Comment

Jay, good luck in court, though as mentioned in previous threads I would personally prefer to stay in Antigua than take on the devil.

BTW, a degree in nuclear engineering can be a valuable asset in several parts of the world. I would think that it could be more profitable than bookmaking itself

Comment

to Jay C.

Upon having your conviction, do you believe the other "internet 21" can now come stateside without fear of arrest since the government now has a presidence that they were so desperate to obtain....or will there be a sort of zero tolerance order in place?

best wishes by the way!!!

Comment

Shifty, as I understand it, if I win my appeal and my case is dismissed on one or more grounds, then the others charged would have to have the charges dropped against them.

Auspice, the government has not yet obtained a legal precedent in this matter. A jury verdict is just that, it carries no weight as far as the law is concerned for others. Please don't refer to us as the "internet 21." That is a phrase coined by a man who has an interest in putting down internet wagering and promoting telephone wagering. Of the seven substantive counts against me, only threee involved the internet. The majority of them involved the telephone. Please also note that some of the original operators charged in March of 1998 did not have any internet operation at all.

Comment

to Jay C.

Please accept my apology for referring to you as one of the "internet 21". It was ignorance on my part. I didn't know of it's origin. I read it somewhere in an article and in no way intended it as a slur.

Best wishes and keep up the good fight!!

Comment

JC,
                          per your statement - "by a man who has an interest in putting down off shore wagering" - it is very politically correct of you to not call him "loserboy", "***-shill", or the always popular "journalist wannabe, ***hole"; (I of course am rarely politcally correct); however you are incorrect in referring to him as a 'man';(he seems obsessed with you, think it's latent tendencies?)
                          on to more important issues - I'd like to e-mail you a column I did last week on your situation. It was condeming the law and it's backers but also the shills who have annointed you as a martyr, rather just than a man fighting for what's right. I'd like your feedback. Can you e-mail me an address to send it to?
                          [email protected]
                          Railbird - I know a guy who got a $500 fine for pissing by railroad tracks behind a bar. He actually said to the judge "that's the most expensive beer I ever drank". Even worse, it was a Rolling Rock.....

Comment

Working...
                          X