UPON FURTHER REVIEW...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPON FURTHER REVIEW...

And to think we have issues with how long it takes for the NFL to get the call right.

Gore/Bush is making a mockery of that.
    unbelievable.
    yes

The Sheriffs department in Florida is as corrupt as it gets,they lie,steal,and plant false evidence on a daily basis,and they are in charge of transporting the votes.

Comment

Two comments, don't consider the ideas valid, just making some points (forgive me, its late)

1) There was a Formula 1 race about a year ago where the podium finish was changed a week after the event by a committee. The unofficial podium finish was used. Would not be too hard to make the case that Bush is the winner for wagering purposes (I have a pure scalp on the event and could care less).

2) Most sporting event rules declare the event must take place within x hours of the designated event date. The recount in Florida might delay the final results for ten days due to mailed in ballots.

Comment

I thought the best rules were the ones CENTREBET had posted. They said the winner was the one SWORN in on JAN 20th. Sure looks like that could be how long it takes to know for sure at this point.
        yes

Comment

Brokaw - gone to bed
          Jennings - off to dreamland

but DAN RATHER, the oldest of the bunch...oh no he's still going. I think they've got him hyped up on coke or something.

this is hilarious
          yes

Comment

Phil, what happens at Centrebet if the oath has to be delayed past Jan 20? Do they get to keep all bets?

Comment

What happens if one is Prez elect, but drops dead before Jan. 20th

Comment

Centrebet made up their own rule. Every other book had it worded, "to be elected president". So those of you who bet the winner at Centrebet have to wait until Jan. 20...that's a joke. Another question...What if Bush wins the election but Gore challenges the Florida result?...not because of the vote count, but the fact that some voters marked their ballots for Buchanan when they wanted Gore. My take is that the books should then use the "protests do not count for wagering purposes" rule and payout on Bush. What do you BM's think of that situation? Who would you payout on? I bet nobody responds.

[This message has been edited by ShiftySheik (edited 11-08-2000).]

Comment

Working...
                X