The Gestapoization of Nevada Sportsbetting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gestapoization of Nevada Sportsbetting

Because of the Nevada Gaming Control Board's complete insanity, it never ends in this state. Even though the Excalibur only allows $2,000 in total bets in a 24-hour period, they pester me with return phone calls every single day to verify that I am indeed in Nevada. Today, the Stardust called. They needed a phone number to verify my employment. My employment? What the hell does that have to do with my placing wagers with them? It's not like I'm applying for a job with them and they need to verify my resumme. Las Vegas is not Disneyland; it's a toilet bowl!

Is the betting there even worth the hassle?

Comment

It's amazing. They check and recheck, spend valuable man hours to determine exactly how much of his OWN MONEY a private citizen is gambling, yet they can't a produce a legal ballot in Florida and it takes them TEN HOURS more than promised on the recount!
      Let's see...private citizen gambling against electing the president of the U.S....hmmmmm..
      Our decision has been made...we need to spend more time investigating the $300 five-team teaser than determining who will be the next president! WHERE ARE THE PRIORITIES IN THIS COUNTRY?????

Comment

tim-----couldn't have said it "bettor" or agree with you more

it is now the citizen serving and being accountable to the government and not vice versa

Comment

Yeah..we're all SCREWED!!!!!!

Comment

sportshobby:

in a word - capital N - O.

all "big" bettors can expect to have a bright light shined on them down there from now on. can't say I would want that for any advantage the numbers offered but especially not for the scraps that are available there these days.

is it right? not worth arguing about. it is what it is now. time to move on reno.

Comment

Cashusking nails it perfectly. You are better off trading markers with your grandmother.

Jimmy Vaccaro is moving back to Pittsburgh and he's a trend setter.

Comment

The Vegas books are still worth the hassle and low limits. They have betting lines that you won't see offshore. For example, I got a +2 on Washington yesterday when the game was pk to +1 offshore. The Vegas books have already made me several extra dimes this basketball season.

Comment

Working...
                X